c6e4e906-bddd-2095.jpg

Beige/green chalice
c6e4e906-bdff-f3d1.jpg

Red acans
c6e4e906-be1b-817c.jpg

c6e4e906-be30-1cf1.jpg

Zoa and GSP rock
c6e4e906-be47-8ad6.jpg

Here's a quick pic of my 10 gallon nano frag tank for my bedroom!
c6e4e906-be88-a162.jpg

FishinBob

Well finally got my canopy nearly completed!! Here are a few pics before the detail moldings and a test fit!
c6e4ea84-39a3-115f.jpg

c6e4ea84-39ca-d8a4.jpg

c6e4ea84-39e4-7cfb.jpg

LEDs get mounted inside the canopy with 2 large muffin fans as the intakes on top.. Then mounting 2 actinic t8's inside as well( just in case Hahah) I put the doors on the front panel so I can do daily feeding and cleaning chores semi easily.. With the top door for coral arranging and spot feeding etc! Well got the canopy 90% done with most moldings just stain and sealer paint the inside white for reflectiveness then mount lights and fans!!
Before
c6e4ea84-3788-afb5.jpg

After the detail
c6e4ea84-37c2-ac67.jpg

Inlays on the side
c6e4ea84-37f2-09d1.jpg

c6e4ea84-3809-8e06.jpg

Heres a tank shot
c6e4ea84-3823-ec11.jpg

And all the happy lil fishes
c6e4ea84-385a-6e50.jpg

Newest coral addition
c6e4ea84-3875-7741.jpg

FishinBob

Also a bit of rockwork and added some
Sps to my nano tank 10gallon and purchased a 17G rimless for a upgrade going to drill a 1" drain and 2x 1/2" returns from glass-holes.com another project and I'm not even done with the first one!!!
c6e4ea84-3abc-4ab6.jpg

c6e4ea84-3af4-617a.jpg

Willie McDaries

fishinbob,not only are you an incredibly talented woodworker,you are a great hand at aquascaping too,tank is looking awesome,very nice work......

the fish store tank stands look great too,love the wall unit for the big tank,that is kinda like what I want around my tank with the shelves on either side

FishinBob

fishinbob,not only are you an incredibly talented woodworker,you are a great hand at aquascaping too,tank is looking awesome,very nice work......

the fish store tank stands look great too,love the wall unit for the big tank,that is kinda like what I want around my tank with the shelves on either side

Willie, bear thank you a ton sirs!!! Very much appreciated!! As far as aquascaping I look at other tanks with envy. This was my first reef/aquascaping ever!! mine has a island idea more FO than reef I think. once I add some more corals and fill it up it will grow on me a bit more.. But thank you for the kind words! The fish store tank looks good I would have done it a bit differently as far as detail but that's all the boss could afford!! Would be awesome in a home!!!

Well got the canopy 100% done with woodworking just need to stain/seal and paint the inside and mount hardware!! Made some temp pop in doors to look like panel details turned out pretty nice just need to add hinges and that can be done after stain!! Also made a small stand to hold all my equipment and supplies and house a 5 gallon bucket for my ATO reservoir! Just need to mount the sliders to the drawers and finish stain and seal that too!

c6e4e9af-8a98-b957.jpg

c6e4e9af-8ab3-1af0.jpg

c6e4e9af-8ac7-72e5.jpg

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
How far are you from Indiana. I want one of your stands/canopy. Mercy that's good work.

........wet floors add character.

Built347

No kidding!.. wow that canopy looks amazing.. and what I can see of that stand looks great too... I'd be worried it would make the rest of my house look bad.. :).

FishinBob

How far are you from Indiana. I want one of your stands/canopy. Mercy that's good work.

Thank you matt!!! I'm exactly 1255.7 miles away lol so says google!! You buy I'll fly Hahah! I really enjoy building these stands/canopies... I'm thinking of a modern/contemporary desk/stand for my 20 gallon rimless to match my maple bedroom set! Gives me something to do when I'm
Not working or fishing!

dmatt88

U should advertise building them local. Hook up with a glass guy n wha la. The next episode of tanked.

FishinBob

No kidding!.. wow that canopy looks amazing.. and what I can see of that stand looks great too... I'd be worried it would make the rest of my house look bad.. :).

Lmfao Hahah funny you say that wow I just finished building a matching equipment stand and I'm almost done building a matching coffee table and have to refinish my fishing rod holder to match!!
Solid oak table with translucent marble inlays!( just need to get some LEDs to light up the marble and finish moldings)
c6e4e9af-9a5e-eb17.jpg

dmatt88

Where dis u learn those mad skills? U do this for a living?

FishinBob

Lol no I'm a fishing guide down here is south Florida mainly do kayak fishing/nature tours and first mate on a offshore fishing boat. getting my captains license this month so I can charter my own boat! But used to be a custom finish carpenter for 8 years when the market was booming back then ago mainly did custom homes staircases, built-ins, home libraries, offices in the multi million dollar south Florida homes it was fun while it lasted and I learned alot!! But I prefer working on the water now!! :)

FishinBob

Well almost done with my project canopy is stained and sealed and I disassembled the t8 fixture.. Just need one more day off to hang the leds and t8's in canopy!! Also completed my equipment/storage cabinet an ATO system! And on a better note finally got some more corals!! Got nice orange wall hammer a yellow and blue tipped acro and a orange gorgonian!
c6e4ea48-c8f0-933a.jpg

c6e4ea48-c90d-5d56.jpg

c6e4ea48-c924-2828.jpg

c6e4ea48-c942-1b18.jpg

c6e4ea48-c95d-2365.jpg

c6e4ea48-c970-6e05.jpg

c6e4ea48-c99e-e08c.jpg

c6e4ea48-c985-7fa2.jpg

c6e4ea48-c8d4-215d.jpg

sk8rdn

Awesome job. The staining and sealing turned out great.

...."Fish" Happens!....

FishinBob

Thanks funlad and sk8
Went with 2 coats stain one sealer and a heavy double coat inside of canopy!! I'm going to try and atleast get the LEDs mounted tomorrow and fiddle with the t8s too! Glad I made the top removable so I can easily take it off and tinker if I'd like!!

FishinBob

Well construction is finally done on my tank hung the lights and canopy today wow what a difference!!!
Before
c6e4eb9d-2db3-32dd.jpg

After
c6e4eb9d-2dd1-9cd7.jpg

c6e4eb9d-2dfa-638c.jpg

Notice my bedroom glowing haha yeah ima reefer!!
c6e4eb9d-2e19-aa3a.jpg

c6e4eb9d-2e5b-31ae.jpg

And my beautiful girl who helped me stain and get this project done(lol put up with my new found addiction)!!!
c6e4eb9d-2eae-5b7f.jpg