FishinBobs 90 gallon reef journey!

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
FishinBob said:
Lol thanks sk8 yah she's a keeper!! Slowly getting her into reefing too! She likes growing plants I like growing coral!

Animals that look and act like plants... What could be a better compromise?

...."Fish" Happens!....

FishinBob

Been quite a while since I posted been busy and finally started filling my tank up a bit! Tank has been relatively stable minus my inconsistency with dosing and small Alk swings! Parameters

Temp 78.5
Ph. 8.2
Nitrate. 4
Phos. .08
Cal. 420
Alk. 8.2
Mag. 1280

My Lps and softies are doing great and look beautiful... Sps well parameters tell the story not much polyp extension and still brownish but with higher N&P goes without saying! Also installed a BRS dual reactor running BRS HC GFO and Rox .8 carbon, hoping I can get a grip on the phosphates. Thinking of starting nopox bought it a while ago and never actually stuck with it.
Over the past month I hAve gotten a few pieces

LA lakers scroll
Purple ricordia rock
Purple w green tip torch
2 headed Duncan
Blue and gold crocea clam 5"
Blue valida
Green Monti
Some various Monti frags
Green slimer frag
Pink spotted goby and a purple

c6e4c819-7f3c-b372.jpg

c6e4c819-7fbd-4192.jpg

c6e4c819-7ffb-3c59.jpg

c6e4c819-8019-fd75.jpg

c6e4c819-803a-8653.jpg

FishinBob

Hey everyone, been working on the tank a bit installed the Bubble magus dosing pump and almost got it dialed in!! What a great product easy to set up pretty accurate and all in one unit! Got it at petmountain for 248 shipped!!
Added some more rock for some ledges for more space and Finally got a few more pieces today! Got a few acros and a stylophoria(o think) any I.D. On these?
Green with pink polyps
c6e4c81e-1f90-7fbe.jpg

A believed to be red planet
c6e4c81e-2030-9ced.jpg

Orange with blue green purple polyps
c6e4c81e-207a-6518.jpg

And some nice acans I got last week
A bowerbanki and a nice Aussie!
c6e4c81e-21da-7e6e.jpg

Full tank shot
c6e4c81e-212b-bd0b.jpg

c6e4c81e-2179-6902.jpg

c6e4c81e-229e-d6ad.jpg

c6e4c81e-22b6-2285.jpg

Also added a male leopard wrasse that hid immediately and haven't seen in 3 or more weeks so I think he didn't make it :(

FishinBob

Tank is looking awesome! Sorry about your wrasse.

Thanks JJ.. Yeah wrasse dissapeared then had a small cyano outbreak so guessing he's worm food! Soon as I save up I want some of your acans and zoas! Have heard nothing but great things about your operation!! I'll be placing an Oder soon!

jjmoneyman

RS Sponsor
Thanks JJ.. Yeah wrasse dissapeared then had a small cyano outbreak so guessing he's worm food! Soon as I save up I want some of your acans and zoas! Have heard nothing but great things about your operation!! I'll be placing an Oder soon!

It doesn't look like you have much room in there for more but I'm sure you could find a place for a few frags in the cracks between the rocks lol. Anytime you're ready we would be happy to set you up.

sk8rdn

Has been struck by the ban stick
Very pretty tank!

And frags are like jello... There's always room!

....Moving On, Moving On....

FishinBob

Very pretty tank!

And frags are like jello... There's always room!

....Moving On, Moving On....

Thanks sk8
Lol I keep trying to make room but I just keep getting more big pieces....but I still have plenty of room for frags lol

FishinBob

Well got a few more pieces and tanks doing pretty good!! Sps have finally started coloring nicely and just about got dosing pump dialed in stable for the last month or more. Got a beautiful ultra war orange/blue and teal war paint scolly wow is all I can say!
New tri color purple pink green acan
ra8azy7a.jpg

War paint scolly
ahe7etap.jpg

Spot feeding tonight!!! Sorry Crappy iPhone pics!!!
nahu7yqy.jpg

Engulfed!!!
nuryresa.jpg

FishinBob

Thanks !! Had to get atleast one scaly and hadn't seen a orange and blue before had to snatch it up!!! Well my 10g Frag tank alk dropped out( got lazy) and my Hawkins enchinata and monti setosa started to recede a little so I moved the majority of my sps frags to the 90 gallon. Wow it's cramped!! I have to rearrange some rock work and start glueing some frags down! Still trying to figure out my camera cannon rebel xs but LEDs just blueit out!!! Anyone Have any tips it's standard 18/55mm lens!!!
Here's the tank loaded up lol
ze8yneve.jpg

Choff

Wow Bob. Never caught your thread before, but just read it all from the start. Brilliant work, both as a woodworker and reefer!

FishinBob

Wow Bob. Never caught your thread before, but just read it all from the start. Brilliant work, both as a woodworker and reefer!

Thanks choff!! It's been an awesome endeavor combining most of my passions into one!!
Forgot to mention added a beautiful flasher wrasse and a leopard wrasse today both we out and about instantly!!! Leapord wasn't as colorful but he was healthy and active!!! Finally some fish!!

FishinBob

Thanks JJ and BLue,

It's starting to come along!!! I have 1 problem.... I'm already runnin out of space....what to do oh what to do!!! SPS are starting to color up nicely and everything but my bowerbanki are looking great(guessing to much light)! Decided I'm going to tweak my LED fixture a bit... I'm going to try and place an order with rapidled today. Currently I have 30 rb, 6 b, 4uv, 32 cw, 4nw, 2 red, and 2 green. I'm going to add 2 more blue and put them all on the white string, adding 2 more green, 2 more red and 2 cyan to the whites as well, and add 6 more uv to the royal blue string, and any more RB's that I can!!! LEDs are great but they do lack a bit but heck that's why I went diy so I can experiment as needed! Might add 2 t8 actic bulbs I have laying around just to add a bit more blue and some uv! Thanks for stopping by guys and if I can get my slr figured out I'll take some better pictures!!