FishinBobs 90 gallon reef journey!

FishinBob

Woot! Got a great deal on an mp40 yesterday got it hooked up and all
I can say is wow!! This is the original mp40 gen1 just speed control... Wow it moves so much water!!! Hooked it up and on lowest setting it outdid my 1400 korellia. Any higher setting it blew over all my frags and put a good updraft current on my sandbed! Ordered the Eco smart driver today should be here Tuesday then I'll get to play!! Well once I finish glueing all my frags Down lol!!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Beautiful tank - well done !

ze8yneve.jpg

FishinBob

Hey everyone! Been working on the tank a bit since I added the mp40... Started knocking over loose frags so I glued down almost everything (lightly)! I messed up and shocked (bleached) my corals with to much GFO... Turned it off for a few days and I'm slowly turning up the flow! Besides a few bugs getting great growth and color was nice before GFO accident! Finally got a spur and put up 2 40w 454nm t8's into the canopy (had them laying around with brand new bulbs) figured I'd try some floros for a bit more spectrum and color! I would like to have one 420nm tube instead but I'm going to track the results with pictures for a couple months then go from there! Here's some pics with flouros added!
FTS
uhupyhe4.jpg

Top half
zumeduvu.jpg

Some SPS
ymypahe5.jpg

Don't know this coral?
jeqyqymy.jpg
( bright green base with pink polyps)
Monti's and birdsnest!
9adepe7e.jpg

Some Lps
2atu6eba.jpg

muqy2utu.jpg
banki's were poopin!

engineer goby

Has been struck by the ban stick
So Bob how is the 90 with a second mp40? I've been thinking about adding a second but not sure if it would be to much

......I need serious help

dmatt88

Wow dude. Looks amazing. Colors r terrific. !

..........reefing. not for the faint of heart.

FishinBob

So Bob how is the 90 with a second mp40? I've been thinking about adding a second but not sure if it would be to much

No just the one mp40... Still In awe how it made such random flow! Yeah I have been thinking that too 1 40 on the opposite side of return pushes quite a bit even on lowest...I think an mp10 on return side would be enough but I also like my Lps acans, frogs and hammers so an mp40 seems a bit overkill as of now! Hey if the mp10 is too little it'll give me a mp10 for my next project!!!

engineer goby

Yea I'm afraid my frogspawn and hammers would get torn apart with a 2nd mp40

Funlad3

Wow, the tank looks fantastic! What's that blueish plating acro? It's incredible!

FishinBob

Wow, the tank looks fantastic! What's that blueish plating acro? It's incredible!

This one?
esyra2yr.jpg

I believe it's a montipora capitata it's a light neon green with blueish purple poylps. One of my favs! LEDs are hard to get pictures with these are iPhone I have a cannon but can't figure out the balance! I'll try tomorrow

Funlad3

Certainly looks like it! I'll have to have my LFS keep an eye out for one for me. :)

FishinBob

Hey everyone! Been a long busy holiday and been slacking quite a bit! But I did just realize my tanks 1 year old... And I dot have to move that's a great plus!!! Every thing looks decent colors faded because of light feedings to adjust for my laziness with water changes. Here are some comparison pictures throughout the year and current!
1 year ago to the day!
qu7e6y6a.jpg

2 months old
3yzyqedy.jpg

4 months
ezusu3ep.jpg

5 months
3ygaga2y.jpg

7 months
y9areve6.jpg

9 months
mu4u6u9u.jpg