FishinBobs 90 gallon reef journey!

Pawlu

Great tank, very neat work, I'm am curious about your results with the BRS dual reactor running BRS HC GFO, how do you find it? Also what brand of Carbon and GFO are you running and at what dosing? I am considering getting this for myself except that I am most likely going to be building a large external box to house it since I do not have a sump, just a large overflow.

Thanks.

FishinBob

Great tank, very neat work, I'm am curious about your results with the BRS dual reactor running BRS HC GFO, how do you find it? Also what brand of Carbon and GFO are you running and at what dosing? I am considering getting this for myself except that I am most likely going to be building a large external box to house it since I do not have a sump, just a large overflow.

Thanks.

Thanks pawlu,
I like the bRS dual reactor so far pretty easy to change and clean and I used a "T" off my return pump to run it. I use bRS HC GFO and BRS Rox carbon with the GFO before the carbon to catch fines! You don't need a sump for this it has an intake an exhaust port I just put mine in the sump because I ran out of room and didn't want to pull tons of flow off my return pump works great and have had no complaints yet!

FishinBob

Well little update treating the tank for red bugs with some interceptor tonight going to follow up with 2 more dosages the next few weeks! Got a few more corals got a large purple/white gorgonian, frag of what is so posed to be a blue tort, a rainbow Millie, fire digitata, and what I think is a chalice or firemallosa!
Here's a new tank shot!
jetuhazu.jpg

Gorgonian
atusanah.jpg

Forest fire digita
veqyreva.jpg

Chalice? Firelamossa
ese5usez.jpg

Rainbow Millie and tort
u8yjabyp.jpg

FishinBob

Did a dose this afternoon and already have seen a bit of poylp extension and alot of the bugs have disappeared a few hanging on by a string so far so good... I'll post an update in a week then do another treatment!

FishinBob

your tank is stunning, look forward to following it along as it ages. Good luck with the bug eradication. :rocket:

Thanks plantsman!! Thanks a ton... It's starting to color back up a bit I was neglecting on water changes for a while so I slowed feedings... Colors faded now I'm feeding heavy, and its coloring back up but I'm getting a good algae outbreak so off to bRS for some GFO!! Anyone need anything from BRS? I'm trying to get a group buy together!

FishinBob

your tank is stunning, look forward to following it along as it ages. Good luck with the bug eradication. :rocket:

Oh and the bugs.... I'd say 98% gone so far didn't loose any shrimp or crabs( have a few gorilla and stone crabs I wish would die) and all the amiphapods are still running around so all is good! For anyone with redbugs interceptor is awesome... I use Bayer for dips but whole tank treatment this seems golden!!

FishinBob

Good to hear it's working out so far. Tank looks great! Keep the pics coming.

Yup I'm pretty happy another week and another dose and I'll check again Monti black bugs seem to be gone too! Got 2 new frags today got a Ora joe the coral frags and a bubble gum chalice frag atinics are on now so can't get good shots... Tomorrow getting a my Miami chalice and a few more Ora frags maybe a pink Gonipora and skittles acans!! About time for a rescape!
It's a deep purple with bright pink eyes
syqepyde.jpg

FishinBob

Got a few new frags skittles acans, rainbow acans, and a pink/yellow gonipora definitely adds some pop!!
Soon as we get a new diamond blade I'm getting pink/blue gonipora, bright yellow milli, and some other ultra goodies!
upary6ed.jpg

a8a4upu7.jpg

y9ypequg.jpg

FishinBob

Been a while growth seems pretty good recently! Lost a few of the acans some how but.. Surprised really! Here are some recent shots!
unemuze9.jpg

9uqa7e6y.jpg

nebeme8a.jpg

u2u8aha2.jpg

etyqy7eq.jpg

y4ymyse9.jpg

yrybahu6.jpg