Dave's RSM 500

David Shaw

Thanks everyone. I have just sat down from 3 days of setting it up. Everything now seems to be up and running, and tweaked all the settings to get everything quiet and at optimum recommended settings.

Tammy, don't worry, i dipped everything before putting it in the tank, so i am critter free.

I am so gonna love cleaning this tank, i may need to get a bigger cleaning stick now!

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Well done David, I knew you could do it. It looks absolutely amazing, I am sooo jealous. Interesting that it doesn't come with a heater, do you have any idea why?

David Shaw

Thanks everyone. More pics to follow as i go along.

Not sure Leigh, i initially thought that perhaps with the equipment heat and room temp one wouldn't be needed, but i needed one to get it from really cold to 78 during setup, which took 14 hours to warm up. I have been checking and the heater does switch itself on periodically so obviously one is needed. The LFS, who are setting theirs up at the same time, also made the same comments. The LFS put one in theirs and also gave me a free one to get my system up and running. The heater is suctioned down in the bottom of the left hand sump compartment, skimmer sits in the middle with carbon and media, and return pump in the right.

Perhaps one will be included in the future shipments in Jan.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Well done David, I knew you could do it. It looks absolutely amazing, I am sooo jealous. Interesting that it doesn't come with a heater, do you have any idea why?

The simple answer is we currently don't make one that was big enough, that doesn't mean we won't, who knows one day we might even bring out a range of electronics, (wishful thinking on my part so don't read anything into that please)

steved13

PREMIUM
Truly no offense to Red Sea, I love their systems...just a reality...What do every thread/post ever seen asking about any mods necessary for a new RSM have in common? A recommendation to replace the ....

dizzyg

so jealous, I asked my girlfriend of 6 years if she wants a new tank or an engagement ring, sadly she chose the ring so my tank wont be ordered till mid next year :p