Dave's RSM 500

David Shaw

Well i thought i better start a new thread as a run up to the new RSM S Series 500 being delivered.

Delivery is likely to be w/c 7th November.

Preparation so far....

1) Enrolled a friend to help set up on delivery day - both the moving of the old tank and the setting up of the new. He is also bringing a dolly to help move the old tank

2) Agreed with the LFS for them to deliver all the water needed on setup day

3) Ordered 60 pounds of Fiji and Bluestone live rock to be delivered on setup day

4) Bought CoralPro dip for the live rock to flush nasties before putting into the tank

5) Bought a couple of tubs of live sand

6) Bought refrigerated bacteria pearls to help things along (probably not needed with all
the live rock, but am covering all bases)

7) Bought brand new test kits

8) Bought the range of the Red Sea reef care programme - Reef Energy A and B, Reef colours A-D, Buffer, Magnesium and Calcium.

9) Bought large tub sizes of CPE

7) Found a home for the 130D

I hope i haven't missed anything!

jpsika08

Congrats! Can't wait to see it installed and running :)

Well, planned, seems everything is covered.

David Shaw

Thanks everyone!

Steve, i also bought new blades for my cleaning stick and a brand new algae pad.
I didn't mention those as you all know the cleaning supplies are a given :)

David Shaw

Thanks so much. I will keep you all updated and take pics of the setting up too. I managed to secure only 1 of 3 white 500's arriving in the UK on the 1st shipment. Lucky huh !

David Shaw

I don't really have plans as yet. I will set up the aqua-scaping with the new live rock that i have ordered and when i am happy with that then i will transfer over corals from the 130D along with some of my existing live rock. From there i am not sure to be honest.

I am thinking along the lines of 3 islands of live rock with lots of caves and hiding places, rather than one set of rocks spread cross the tank, just to make it look more interesting. I quite like the idea of lots of open spaces on all sides. I don't want to pile the rock against the back and i want good circulation around the tank. I want to be able to clean all sides of the tank so want good access.

I guess i will need to think of more fish and more corals to populate it, but will see how it looks once it has been initially set up and go from there.

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
Hi David,
Looking forward to your thread, your going to get the jump on me because I will be using the new Reef Care program to mature my S-500 which will bring me nicely ready for the Reef care Program.

All the best.

Kevin

David Shaw

Thanks Kevin

I am just waiting for the call to arrange the delivery now. Once i have a date sorted i can get all the other deliveries organised. I am really keen just to get it set all up now.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
Aweseom David! I am hoping to get one as soon as they come to the US so it will be great to follow you progress!

Cheers :clink: