Dave's RSM 500

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
I'm sure I'll be like that too when I have to switch everything over. Enjoy the wait! ::turntable:

Will be following this one with interest :)

I really really really advise you to start mixing your own water with your own RO unit.... LFS will allways push the envelope of what acceptable on their own RO membranes, and when buying pre mixed salt they can easily hide poor RO from you which could load up your nice expensive new live rock with nasties that will take you an age to get rid of. Honestly, when your paying that much for a tank it doesnt make any sense to scrimp on makign sure the water going into it is as good as it can be. An RO unit is easy to set up and invaluable in this hobby.

Good luck!

David Shaw

No need to worry old school, the LFS is 100% quality and completely trustworthy. I have been using them exclusively for years now.

If my system aint broke no need to fix :)

Still waiting for a delivery date!

David Shaw

Glenn

Had an email letting me know they were hoping to ship units from France to the UK hopefully this week (new pump part dependent), but not heard anything since. Guess it is looking unlikely for a deliver now until w/c 28/11 at the earliest.

I am going to my LFS on Thursday who are also waiting for their display copy, so i will see if they have an update and report back if there is news.

David Shaw

No problem Glenn, i will keep you fully informed. Hopefully it will be worth the wait :)

(Dreading installation day, will be like the film set of Titanic)

David Shaw

I think i might opt to sit in the corner of the room wearing dark glasses and a tin foil hat, and hope everyone has assembled, filled and aquascaped it for me when i open my eyes :)

ToeSloth

I can not wait to see this setup. I'm dreaming about coming up with the cash for one of the S lines. I love my 130D and I still have a lot to learn so I will really enjoy watching this tank in action!

Best,

Chris

RedSeaKev

RS Sponsor
OK Folks, hot off the press, S series will start shipping to a few UK stores for display models w/c 5th December, we will then see them start to come over from our European distribution centre on a fortnightly basis, all shop displays will go in first then we will supply outstanding customer orders including your David sorry for the delay but we will get there soon.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
The fortnight is a unit of time equal to fourteen days, or two weeks...

I always have to google this...
1043.gif

Good luck David ! Hopefully the new tank will be well worth the wait !

Stody0

Hello David and all, Sorry it’s been such a long time since I last came and had a chat but I have been away with work for over 3 months. Well David, I see you went and bought the S-500, congrats to you. I went in to Oasis on Thursday morning asking about the S-500 and I was told "a customer" had bought one, I am thinking that customer was you hahaha.................

My 130 is doing well and things are growing like mad I too am using the Red Sea additives and my word have they made a difference. It is however time for a change, so I am now redesigning my living room and strengthening the floor to take the S-500, I don’t think I will be getting it for another few months but I have had the go ahead from the "boss" lol.

I will keep an eye on how you progress and I wish you well as you set up your new tank, I can’t wait to see it all set up.

Best regards

Al

David Shaw

Al

Welcome back from your travels. Yup, that customer is me :) I was in Oasis too on Thursday morning.

Great news you are going to take the plunge too. I will keep you updated as i go along so you know what to expect when yours arrives.

I spoke to the LFS and they reckoned there will be no need to reinforce a floor, so fingers crossed thats true. Mine are floorboards not concrete flooring.