Cat's RSM 250

catran

Oooo, gotta check. It's hard to see in the pic. Is that a skimmer cup? I thought that was what you were talking about. I'll look for that tab on the side.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Now you got it ! The gate in the Display Tank that slides up & down, is critical to the water level to high or to low & the stock skimmer will over skim or under skim... play with it and I bet it will help ! :dance:

catran

Yeah, I get it now. The only thing is, it's frozen and won't move. I should have removed the coralline from it but I never realized that it had a moving part. Lol, I guess the best I can hope for is that it works itself out. I think it might help when I get the other pump in... My pump outlet on the Eheim and the pipe size of the outlet nozzle are different sizes. I'm going to Lowes to see if I can get a straight reducing connector today.
In the meantime, I tuned the light on to check the gate and there are still microbubbles, but much less. I bet it will slow to nothing. Hopefully, you're right and it just needs to be broken in.

steved13

PREMIUM
In your pic of the tank it looks like the gate is all the way down, if you can't raise it, you'll have to keep the water level stable with top off. You might try tapping on the gate with a piece of PVC or something...it might loosen up the coraline. If it's all the way down and won't budge...I would try making an "S" shape out of PVC so you can hook the bottom part of the "S" onto the gate and tap the top part of the "S" up and try and loosen it that way. That way you wouldn't have to drain the tank. If you add an overflow and sump, the gate can be all the way down, but without it, I think you're going to want to be able to adjust it.

catran

Yeah, I'll have to wait and see if I can get it moving. Maybe tomorrow, I don't have much time before work today. I need to remove the skimmer to see if I can get to it from the inside.

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
Good luck getting the gate to move. I agree with Steve, I think you will need to adjust it at some point to get the water levels sorted.

catran

Yeah, I'm going to try tonight. In the meantime, I had some zoas on a frag rack in the 130 getting stung like crazy by Marley my Nem. I put them in the 250 since I had no room elsewhere, figuring they wouldn't make it anyway:

8beda7bd.jpg

I'm not sure I like the blue. This will definitely make it hard to get nice pics with my iPhone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Ahh the joys of "Anemone-Hood".

Hate to see that. Hopefully they'll recover and hopefully Marley will settle down soon.

soco

We'll it's not the right circumstance but Congrats on the first piece in the new tank

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

catran

Thanks!
They were closed for a couple of days. As you can see, they look fine now.

catran

Nice frag!

So Cat, how's the multiple tank management so far? welcome to my world hahahaha

Ugh! I just want to get the frag tank move over with... I kinda put it on hold to get the new RSM going and I'm having problems with that, lol! Then, I got Marley...

steved13

PREMIUM
I'm hit or miss on the Zoas, some are doing really well others, look like they're struggling a bit. The one I thought was drooping is now 4 polyps, the original one still looks weird.

How's is the monti cap?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Nice thread. U know ur zoas.

What a lovely obsession huh?

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

catran

Nice thread. U know ur zoas.

What a lovely obsession huh?

Matts DROIDX via Tapatalk

Thanks Matt, yes it IS an obsession. I'm driving 5 hours Saturday just to see if I can get a good deal on some nice zoas!

catran

I'm hit or miss on the Zoas, some are doing really well others, look like they're struggling a bit. The one I thought was drooping is now 4 polyps, the original one still looks weird.

How's is the monti cap?

Um...the Monti isn't doing so well. I lowered it to see if it would do better...