Billyr98's Real Upgrade! 450g Starphire Custom Reef Tank!

Frankie

RS STAFF
Al, I think it is a must on a smaller tank being built today. The whole point is for real estate in the aquarium. With all the new ways to build a tank i don't see it being long before this is common place. Not the coast to coast over flow, (thats for special people like me ;) ) but the external over flow.

mps9506

Al, I think it is a must on a smaller tank being built today. The whole point is for real estate in the aquarium. With all the new ways to build a tank i don't see it being long before this is common place. Not the coast to coast over flow, (thats for special people like me ;) ) but the external over flow.

I remember seeing someone do this on a 10 gallon tank and a dremel a few years back on nanoreef.com or RC. I personally had never seen one until 4 or 5 years ago myself, and realized how much better of an idea it is. The pond and pool people have essentially been doing it like this for years.

mps9506

Ok I'll bite... what's a Coast to Coast? :)

The overflow goes from one end of the tank to the other. Effectively getting the surface water from the entire tank. Helps maximize your skimmers effectiveness, also reduces the amount of noise because the water isn't dumped in a smaller concentrated area, or it just allows you to turn over a whole heckuva a lot of water through your sump and make your fishroom sound like a waterfall:)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sweet Billy! i am excited for you!
Great description Mike. That is exactly what it is and does.

cbui2

whats the catch billy, tank comes in and BBQ the same day sounds like a trap to me :whstlr:

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hoe you get some sleep Billy, Id be up paceing all night, best of luck on the install and dont forget to charge the camera batteries.Steve

mps9506

I've fallen for that one before. Luckily I was the smallest guy there and just pointed directions on which way everyone should go while drinking my beer.

boozeman

Wish I could go help...anyway you can keep it out in the street till Sun? :lol:
I'm sure there will be plenty of NJRC members there to help...take lots of pics pleeeeeeze !!!

bluespotjawfish

Looks like someone is getting a new playpen (and I don't mean the baby)!:jumprope:

Hope you are able to find lots of help for the move! I can only help with the karma!