Billyr98's Real Upgrade! 450g Starphire Custom Reef Tank!

billyr98

Well I am not going to try and get excited again.... But here we go!!
I am ordering a custom 96" x 36" deep x 30" high tank from miracles aquarium in Canada...

I am working hand and hand with Paul from Oceanmotions for my closed loop circulation layout... So far we have a quick picture of what to expect.. along with a few equipment upgrades... (one has already happen) the Skimmer!!

tankpic.jpg

and here is the new skimmer beast!

MRC MR-4R!!

DSC_0244.jpg

cioutlaw

Congrats Billy! I have heard great things about Miracles Aquarium. I have been in the market for a new skimmer & have thought about the MRC unit. Have you used it yet? I have an MRC Calcium reactor & it is nice.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
Woohoo can't wait to see it develop and love the dimensions, just great for aquascaping ! Which pump will you use for the OM ?

boozeman

CRAZY :D

This is one thread I will be keeping a close :eye: on !!
Good luck with that monster build Billy :thumbup:

am I looking at the diagram correctly....you decided on the external overflows?

lcstorc

Awesome. I am so excited for you. Can't wait to see this one as it progresses.
I guess we need a new club. The 200 club is not big enough for you guys and your huge tanks.
I wish I had one, but then again I would get in even more trouble then since there is so much more room for bio-load. :)

Frankie

RS STAFF
Sweeeet! I feel like I am getting a new tank with this one. It will be fun to watch you build it. that skimmer is a monster. Congratulations Billy!

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Dang it Billy! thats a major upgrade, very exciting indeed, and really thanks for sharing, Am I mistaken or is that a dual beckett recirculating skimmer? Steve

billyr98

yep dual beckett and recirc... got a panworld 200ps for the recirc...

just replumbed my chiller tonight... i will take some picture of that tomorrow and the frag tank I built a month back.. 8'x2'x1' high.....

kathywithbirds

HOLY COW! Is that thing hitting your ceiling? Geez you guys are so out of my league.

And where are you putting a 450 gallon tank? Is this a in-wall build?

billyr98

ok well the tank should be here soon.. so i upgraded my chiller today.. here are the pictures.. Thanks to tradewind chillers for direct shipment!!

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

DSC_0394.jpg

DSC_0393.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

Frankie

RS STAFF
Thats a sweet setup Billy. I am wondering what your going to do about the winters and water freezing. I had mine outside when i was in NY but it was a drop in chiller. Thats an inline. Maybe you can build an insulated box for it?

billyr98

i will probably drain it and shut it down... i think i was told, i can run it till 30 degrees outside...