Big Al's "Mountain Reef"

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thank everyone!

Brandon I appreciate the compliment. I'm trying.

I went through and clean some things in the tank last night and noticed some of my new coral frags are doing REALLY good in there. My Nuclear Green palys seem to be growing and I noticed a tiny lil "baby" at the base of another. My Duncans look bigger and fuller than EVER but then again I've started feeding them directly every other day. I also noticed (maybe good maybe bad LOL) that one patch of my GSP is trying to come back from the recent crash. Only problem is instead of being NEON green it's not a poopie brown in color. Maybe as it recovers more it will get better coloration :dunno:

I cleaned the glass with my new Mag-Float MEDIUM and it works great except for a couple of places where the coral is closer than the Mag-Float width to the glass. I'm going to have to get my Mag-Flip out of storage and put it in there soon.

The MP10 is a BLAST! I can't seem to get set on one particular mode. I find myself sitting on the futon just tinkering with it all the time LOL!

I'm planning to start pulling some of the "Seed Live Rock" out of the tank this week so I can get the tank looking more like it "should" look. I have about 5 or 6 pieces in there piled in the middle of the "ATOL". I think I'll take a few out a week until it's all "New" rock and no seed rock.

On a "personal note" things have improved a lil bit. Certain "issues" have calmed down and things are falling into place. On a bright note, my brother and I have never been closer or gotten along any better than right now. We are enjoying our time hanging out and just over-all having a good ole time.

While writing this I got word that an uncle from Charlotte NC has passed away over night. Keep my aunt and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Glenn & Tammy. He was very sick lately so now he's MUCH better off and finally no longer hurting.

steved13

PREMIUM
Good news on the tank, on the ease in the "personal issues" and on the brotherly camaraderie.

Sorry for your loss.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thank you everyone!! It means a lot to hear of the well wishes and prayers.

I am tickled with this new tank. The coral are really starting to "Perk Up" and my Duncans have never looked better. I'm going to get some pics into this thread this weekend. I'm going to be VERY picky about what coral I go with from here on out. I'm going to concentrate on"Sticks" and such. I want to see how far I can push a stock 130D. I may add a Sump a little later on.

Has anyone integrated an ATO into the 130D w/o a sump? I'd like to add one but can't really get my mind around where to put the sensors etc.

reeferman

glad to hear everythings starting to smooth out for you.cant help you on the ato as ive never put one in mine.being choosy on new corals is always a good thing!cant wait for your visit down here!

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Thanks Reggie. Yea I can't wait either. It should be a good day.

I'm heading out to chase some white-ball in the morning. It'll be my first round of the season. Whew not gonna be pretty LOL! I'm gonna clean my toe-wedge and hand-wedge tonight so I'm ready to WIN!! :LOL:

reeferman

clean equipment always helps!i havent played in about a year.my clubs have spider webs on them out in my shop.kinda scared to put my hand in the bag,might be some spiders in there!