29gal Build

Elizabeth94

Hello, I have been stalking this forum for quite some time but didn't feel as though I had enough stuff to post. Im building my first ever mixed reef and have done numerous hours of research. Im a college student so this build may take a while due to money but its going. Been working on it for two months now.

So far I have:
-29gal w/wood stand
-DIY 10gal Sump
-Phosban 150 GFO Reactor (with small pump)
-2x Tunze 6015 powerheads
-Mag 3 pump

Going to get:
-Glass-Holes Super nano overflow kit
-Glass-Holes 1/2" return kit
-Aquatic Life T5HO 4x24 watt light fixture
-Tunze 9002 Protien Skimmer
-Finnex 100watt heater w/controller
- of course live rock and live sand along with misc plumbing for sump. Going to use black vinyl tubing for my first tank.

I have never has saltwater but I feel confident that all my research will lead me in the right direction. (and of course the help from you master reefers :p )

whippetguy

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to Reef Sanctuary! Sounds like you're on the right track. Feel free to ask any questions that you might have. There are plenty of knowledgeable folks here to help.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Hello :wave: and welcome to RS! We're glad you decided to join and post instead of stalking ( I knew someone was watching me.. I could feel it LOL).

As John said looks like you're off to a good start. Keep us posted and WELCOME!!

goma

RS STAFF
PREMIUM
Welcome to RS, looking forward to seeing your build progress!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Hi Elizabeth,

welcomefish.gif

to ReefSanctuary, a real Sanctuary of reef forums, with lots of very nice members
745.gif

Start a tank thread & share your tank with us so we can follow along, we love pics :dance:

DianaKay

Princess Diana
RS STAFF
Look forward to pictures & hearing more about your tank Elizabeth :D
:welcomera Welcome to the best SW hangout ever (Reef Sanctuary) ...Glad you joined us :crowd:

Elizabeth94

Do you actually have to post five times before you can upload pictures? I have been trying to find my "photo gallery" to upload pics but cant find it (like it says to do in the thread explaining the process). I also started my album and it shows a picture I put in but when you open the album it doesn't show the pics. hhmmmm..