29gal Build

Elizabeth94

It has been a while since my last post so here is how my tank is doing.. I picked up a ricordea mushroom last week that is purple and orange. It is doing very well so far. My coral beauty angelfish had a bite mark when I bought her and unfortunately she succumbed to a bacterial infection despite quarantine efforts. I only have the two clownfish that I had since the beginning and they are doing wonderful (besides the aggressive attacks when I stick my hand and cleaning devices in the tank). Right now I have a big outbreak of hair algae or bryposis. I have yet to get a protein skimmer since my ca is in the shop.

Elizabeth94

Its been a while since I have posted an update of my first reef aquarium. Last month I bought a nice ricordea mushroom and it has settled in great. Its very vibrant and happy. Today I picked up a devils hand leather coral that really adds life to the tank. I acclimated for an hour and after ten mins in the tank it had 95% polyp extension :) I guess that means its happy.
When it was placed in tank.
20130902_145300_zpsf186bd44.jpg

Right now (it is really a pink color in person)
20130902_172118_zpsd4e02c58.jpg

Ricordea Mushroom (purple and orange in person/pops under lighting)
20130902_172130_zps588e8b4d.jpg

these pics were taken with my phone but I really want to get a macro camera for some life-like shots. It is much more stunning in real life.