Search results

1. Ceejai777

Just Upgraded to RSM C-130 Today

Hi everyone, it's been a minute since I've been on...I set up my 28g JBJ Nano in November after moving back to WA from CA and everything has been going well with it but I knew I wanted to upgrade to a different tank. Initially, I was looking for a rimless cube but I couldn't find any within my...
  2. Ceejai777

Anyone Know What This Is?

Hi everyone, There is a small white thing that has a long web-like thing coming out but at it's entrance, I see something (also white) that keeps pulling back/retracting...any idea what it is?
  3. Ceejai777

ID Help, Please?

Hi everyone, Someone is selling coral for her friend whose tank has a leak. This is what is left—about 30 frags she said she will sell me for $160. I see radioactive eagle eyes but that's about it. Some are doubles and maybe even triples. Edited to add: I think toward the bottom right of 1st...
  4. Ceejai777

Would you Knowingly Buy Coral from Someone who has an Aiptasia Issue?

Someone near me sent me pics of several zoanthid frags and I saw at least one aiptasia on each frag. He told me he bough 80 lbs of "pest-free" live rock and had it in a tub for 4 months. When he looked at it, it was covered in aiptasia. He is on a local facebook group and I have seen 1 or 2...
  5. Ceejai777

Snails in Hood of Tank

For some reason, several of my snails keep going and staying in the hood of my 28g nano. The smaller snails stay in the tank but the larger ones I received as part of the 15g cuc package from Reef Cleaners are always in the hood. Any idea why?
  6. Ceejai777

Blenny ID Please

I posted an ISO on a local saltwater FB group for a Lawnmower Blenny and someone responded saying he was sold a "Red Eared Blenny" by Diver's Den but nothing comes about in Google so I think it's safe to assume Diver's Den did not know the name of this fish. Do any of you happen to? He said...
  7. Ceejai777

True Percula or Snowflake?

I am torn between getting just basic little True Perculas or Snowflakes. Temperament is a factor. I prefer the least aggressive/territorial clowns but have never had a Snowflake so I'd like to hear from those who have. I may even get one of each...thoughts?
  8. Ceejai777

Widespread Captive Clownfish Issue?

Hi everyone, I stopped by a lfs today to pick up a cuc and inquired about clownfish. The owner told me he stopped selling clownfish 2 years ago due to some issue with the quality. He said in his 20 years in dealing with saltwater, he has never seen anything like it. According to him, orders...
  9. Ceejai777

Most Cost Effective Place to Buy CUC Online?

Good evening, everyone...my car is broken down so I am unable to go out and buy what I need and want for my tank which is finished cycling. First thing I need to get is a CUC. I would like to buy the following for my 28g nano: 6 hermit crabs 1 brittle starfish 5 cerith snails 4 nerite snails I...
  10. Ceejai777

Crystal's 28g JBJ Nano

Hi everyone, I am nearly to week 4 of cycling my tank (27th will be 4 weeks) but am unsure of how much of a cycle it has actually gone through. I set it up with the same rocks that were in it in California before we moved back to WA in June. I didn't clean the rocks after taking them out or...
  11. Ceejai777

28G JBJ Nano Stock Lights & Coral Growth

Hi everyone, I just replaced the blue moon lights in the hood of my 28g JBJ Nano with the same bulbs because the others were very dim. I have always wondered if the stock lights in these tanks is adequate enough to keep and grow coral. I have only had one of these tanks set up for a longer...
  12. Ceejai777

Cycling w/ Dry Rock Question

Hi everyone, this is my first question here:) After moving back to Seattle from Cali, I finally set up one of my 28g JBJ nanos about 2 weeks ago. I put my old dry rock in it (from when it was set up in Cali. Tank came down in June) and almost a week later, my Caribsea arragonite sand came. My...
  13. Ceejai777

Getting Going Again After Move from Cali to Seattle

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum and still semi-new to the hobby. Moves back and forth between Seattle and Cali have disrupted my tank-keeping flow. I am finally back to WA and just set up one of my 28g nanos and am in the first week of cycling. Just before we left SoCal, I had just started...