ID Help, Please?

Ceejai777

Hi everyone,
Someone is selling coral for her friend whose tank has a leak. This is what is left—about 30 frags she said she will sell me for $160. I see radioactive eagle eyes but that's about it. Some are doubles and maybe even triples.

Edited to add: I think toward the bottom right of 1st pic are clove polyps? The bright mint green zoas in 2nd pic toward bottom appear to be Spearmint Rhinos

Thank you in advance for your help

Last edited:

cracker

Hi Ceejai, I have no idea what the common names or scientific names either. They all look beautiful. 30 frags for 160 $ ?

Ceejai777

Hi Ceejai, I have no idea what the common names or scientific names either. They all look beautiful. 30 frags for 160 $ ?

Yes...she sold more than half since yesterday and told me she would let me know tonight what is left. She is bringing them tomorrow at 11am (my car is broken down).

DaveK

Those look like decent frags. 30 for $160 works out to about $5.33 each, which is a bargain, even for common colors and species.

If you like how they look, grab them.

soco

I agree with Dave,idk what the names are but that's a great deal. Even if only 20 of them are different and 10 are duplicates. U could try and sell the dupes and make some of ur money back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

DaveK

I should also point out that most of the common names for zoas and polyps were dreamed up by the seller in order to sell them. Later on these became more or less standardized.

I will also say that lighting is a huge factor with them, so what looks great in the picture might just look so so when you get it in your tank. Note how clams often look fantastic when viewed from the top, but only ok when viewed from the side.

Ceejai777

I agree with Dave,idk what the names are but that's a great deal. Even if only 20 of them are different and 10 are duplicates. U could try and sell the dupes and make some of ur money back.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That is what I was thinking I'll do. Should be pretty easy with them only being $5/ea. Does anyone know what those big green smooth palys are? I couldn't find any others like them when I did a google search. All others had another color on them or lines (not plain).

Ceejai777

95635848cbb498face575bc51b74de70.jpg

Can anyone tell me what this is, please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceejai777

am I seeing little dots & edges of yellow? If so... here my guess turbinaria cup coral
I believe so. Looks like the little flower-looking things are yellow. It's hard for me to tell, too. They are really small. Do those typically grow in shapes like this? I'm not sure if it has grown over something or if it is naturally shaped like that...

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
I don't it was in my 130D and I lost him after a few years, due to my inability to keep the parameters for sps corals stable and the 130D lights, part of the learning experience, I miss him & may get another now that I have leds & better husbandry skills.