Just Upgraded to RSM C-130 Today

Ceejai777

Hi everyone, it's been a minute since I've been on...I set up my 28g JBJ Nano in November after moving back to WA from CA and everything has been going well with it but I knew I wanted to upgrade to a different tank.

Initially, I was looking for a rimless cube but I couldn't find any within my price range that had good reviews. Marineland consistently had complaints about the overflow design and the JBJ rimless consistently had complaints about tank after tank arriving broken before people just gave up and asked for a refund.

Last night I came across a local fish store ad for a white rsm c-130 (used) so I picked it up today and got all my fish and coral transferred. The sand has it looking a mess right now so I will add pictures tomorrow after it is settled.

All in all, I am extremely happy with this purchase. I don't think I will ever buy another brand:)

Last edited:

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Congrats on the new to you rsm c-130 - they have not been out very long so it should be like new, I would guess and a great deal ! Cheers for starting a new tank thread so we can follow along ! Bet you and your fish & corals love it :nessie:

Ceejai777

073955dbb2392fda4f53fa2120436918.jpg

It's cloudy from scaping but I am really happy with this purchase. I still need to get a razor blade to scrape off the writing on the tank.

I found a tiny dime-size rrbta on one of the rocks and a turquoise tiny mushroom, as well. I don't have mushrooms and I'm not a huge fan but it is always great finding coral in your tank you didn't know you had. Will post a better pic once it has cleared up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ceejai777

Congrats on the new to you rsm c-130 - they have not been out very long so it should be like new, I would guess and a great deal ! Cheers for starting a new tank thread so we can follow along ! Bet you and your fish & corals love it :nessie:

I don't think I will ever buy another brand other than rsm. I am really impressed with the design and how streamlined everything is. I am a bit ocd with clutter so the fact that everything is tucked away and hidden is what makes me happiest

Ceejai777

ddc3c0ec51f9be31baa7e63e6182143d.jpg
5724e09070a62332f71c57b02c6fa1fd.jpg
eea1ae6c926c88ba39f44a5dded6cd48.jpg

Water is mostly cleared up and I was able to find some alcohol towlettes to scrub off the marker on the glass.

I have a question: in my experience, when anemones split, they split in half and you end up with two anemones basically the same size... I found a tiny little rainbow rose bubble tip anemone on a rock and it probably isn't even as big as a dime in circumference. I have not bought or received any rock from anyone and I just have one small to medium size rrbta in my tank which I've had for about five weeks now. Any idea how this itty-bitty one could have come about?