Search results

1. NanaReefer

Reef Central Ban

I got banned for promoting a light that they banned the vendor...only I didn't know the vendor was banned...I was just recommending the unit I bought and love. I didn't even get a warning!
  2. NanaReefer

Power outage ?

Without a generator? Plenty of make up water. Battery powered air pumps, lots of blankets or...
  3. NanaReefer

Flow flow flow?

What would you use and where would you place them in this 40B tank?
  4. NanaReefer

Video: Hermit Crabs Distributing Eggs

Ok that was a first for me, totally awesome!! Thank you for sharing [emoji7]
  5. NanaReefer

ID please

Silicates are in EVERYTHING! Sand, plastic, glass, water just to name a few. Old RO/DI filters, new pump added, water storage containers, new dry uncured rock added. If you've done any of these, can cause a Diatom bloom. Even disturbing your SB can cause one.
  6. NanaReefer

Orange rust looking stuff on glass(algae?)

Disagree with doing water changes. Best wait until cycling is completely done. Does look to be Diatoms. Also there's no need to be running your lights during this time. Just invites unwanted algae growth.
  7. NanaReefer

Coralline algae suddenly doesnt look so good

Yuppers! Water change level showing. Exposing it to air for to long.
  8. NanaReefer

New Rust Coloured Algae

It's a diatom bloom. Most likely caused by your water source. You could always use a a product like PhosGaurd which aids in the removal of Silicates, the primary cause of Diatoms.
  9. NanaReefer

Ammonia Spike

What is your source of water?
  10. NanaReefer

HOB Skimmer for a 50gal Tank

Reef Octopus BH-2000 gets my vote. Ran the BH-1000 for 2yrs on my 26g (bit overkill) but awesome skimmer none the less. Best part, external pump. No heat transference and no bulky pump taking up much need realestate :)
  11. NanaReefer

Help. Corals shriveled up after water change

How fast are you adding new mix back into your DT? Sounds like a case of shock to me. See it all the time. Corals get use to water one way, then it's quickly changed (even small changes) can/will surprise the life right out of them. Then they need time to recover.
  12. NanaReefer

New Rust Coloured Algae

Check your water source? May be introducing Silicates, causing diatom bloom. Especially if your adding new mix directly into the DT.
  13. NanaReefer

Skimmer

Flame Angels http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+16+444&pcatid=444
  14. NanaReefer

Grindal worms

I may just look into the Grindle myself. Seem to be much easier to culture/maintain than the Black Worms. It's hard for me as I've only 3 fish-lol-and I'm a stickler for not wasting.
  15. NanaReefer

Freshwater test kits

I used API FW for 20yrs :) Just know that if you ever dose Plant Food it will totally throw off your Nitrate readings...like off the chart! Lol.
  16. NanaReefer

Grindal worms

No I don't grow them. Just order them through our LFS. I was more interested if you preferred one over the other. From personal research the Black Worms are a better live food source. I never heard of the Grindal :-)
  17. NanaReefer

What's Next?

I have a Royal in with a Bi-Colored Blenny & a Banggai. All model citizens, no aggression at all. But he/she does own the entire left rock island :)
  18. NanaReefer

Evergrow LED lighting questions

I've been running the Reef Radiance LumenTek Pro180 for 7 months. Fantastic light for the price IMO. Getting wonderful growth from my corals :)