Search results

1. erawling

Very high calcium level

I recently did a large water change and now my calcium level is about 560 ppm. The other reading are,PH 8.2,alk 7dkh,P04 0,Nitrate0. I don't have a magnesium kit at the moment. I know threads like this have been done to death but I would like to know what you would do.
  2. erawling

Sorry, another algae ID.....

I was wondering the same thing.
  3. erawling

Experience with scwd?

Mine lasted 3months. junk
  4. erawling

Electrocuting Mojanos

I really like the concept,but I wonder about the effects of adding chlorine too the water.How long does it stay in the tank water?
  5. erawling

mandarin question

I have managed to keep a mandarin for two years now.He is in a 55 gal fuge with a lot of live rock and algae growth for a good population of pods.
  6. erawling

Automatic brine shrimp hatcher

Does anyone have experience with one these in a reef tank? Fish Food - Brine Shrimp Hatching Feeder, Brine Shrimp Eggs Iam going on vacation and Iam concerned that my Manderin is going to starve to death. I will be gone a week,he has been getting fed twice a day.
  7. erawling

in floor tank

Well if your asking for opinions its too much of a hassle.I mean think of all the other things you would have to do too make this work,water changes,a sump setup and do you really want open water in the middle of you living room?? I don't want rain on your parade but for a tank that size...
  8. erawling

Help please

One thing I have learned is that it don't pay to get cheep stuff. It might sound like a good buy at the time but chances are you will end up replacing it in the near future. Do not skimp on equipment like protein skimmers, If I remember garf on there bullet proof system recommend a real cheap...
  9. erawling

anyone seen these things?

Wow I have been keeping reef tanks for 10+ years and I still learn something new all the time.
  10. erawling

anyone seen these things?

I first noticed these things on the glass,then all over the bottom. I thought they might be some kind of algae but then i noted that they move! They are the little brown things,I think they may have come in on some macro algae I put in my sump a few weeks ago.
  11. erawling

55 gal fuge project

Update its looking good got the skimmer up and running today. heres the skimmer after 5 hours running
  12. erawling

my new fish

I got a spot tail gobie.it was an impulse buy,I don't usually buy a fish without knowing about them but it was so cool I had to have it. He is the only fish in a 29 gallon tank. Any info on this fish? The lfs had no clue.
  13. erawling

Could THIS be the reason for my dying brains??

Nice tip i will have to remember that next time i change my bulbs. I just burned a few things but they are starting to adjust now.
  14. erawling

Sg won't rise

The tank may have a auto top off system thats adding to much water? need more info
  15. erawling

Spreadsheet for tracking water readings

I tried putting one together but then i never kept using it. I have just found its easier to test once a week and make adjustments as needed.
  16. erawling

My new light came in today.

I got my new 10k bulb in and installed a t5 duel strip in the back,boy what improvement!! Its so bright its stressing out my brown polyps they will be ok.
  17. erawling

Should I bother with this skimmer?

It is 28" tall and 6" around. I have removed the lower fitting and cleaned off all the glue that was put on it. I have to figure out what size venturi and pump to use. The fittings on it now are 1" I think Iam going to change that to 3/4" Any recommendations would be welcome:)
  18. erawling

my new skimmer, have some questions..

How much did you pay for it?? I really like the looks of it, let us know how it works out!
  19. erawling

My new light came in today.

Thank you for the complement. I have a new 10k bulb and a dual t5 strip coming in later this week. I really hope it looks better, dropping 300 bucks on a hood that don't look good kinda sucks. I will post some new pics when the new stuff is installed.
  20. erawling

Should I bother with this skimmer?

my DIY skills are in order.Do you have any idea what brand this is or is it just a regular counter current type? The guy i got it from has no clue.I was also wondering where to get get a properly sized venturi. I have not used a venturi skimmer before just air stone cc units and cheap junk...