my new skimmer, have some questions..

Necsones

heres my new skimmer a Reef Octopus Extreme 160.. my questions are how high in the body of skimmer should i have the water level? heres some pics :)

reefocto1.jpg

reefocto2-1.jpg

reefocto3.jpg

NCguy

WiseGuy
Have the water level somewhere around where the cone part of the neck and the skimmer cup connects. You might want to leave the wedge pipe output all the way open for a while to allow the skimmer to slime over (break in).

cbrownfish

Higher in the neck will yield "wet" or watery skimmate. Lower in the neck will give you "dry" or darker/concentrated skimmate. Typically, you want to get a thicker skimmate so you don't have to dump the cup every day or two. With that said, skimming "wet" can have benefits as well. My sense is that the current level will give you a "dryer" skimmate.

Adam Black

Have the water level somewhere around where the cone part of the neck and the skimmer cup connects. You might want to leave the wedge pipe output all the way open for a while to allow the skimmer to slime over (break in).

I would leave it all the way open until it breaks in also.

Necsones

i bought from 3 stores 3 different times for around $269.00 and turned out all were out of stock, then i found one store that had them and i called them up and they had 2 in stock for $299.00 so i said what the hell and bought it for 299.00.. ill keep u guys posted :)