Search results

1. rDr4g0n

FOR SALE! Overflow box, DIY protein skimmer & air pump

How bout I give the skimmer away for free if ya buy the air pump!?!
  2. rDr4g0n

am i back from the DEAD!?

moving to tuscaloosa alabama. thats where i was born and raised up until my parents decided to come here to south texas. Actually since im moving im selling my skimmer, air pump, and overflow box. the thread i...
  3. rDr4g0n

welp the corals have really settled in to the new space. They REALLY love it! The clown fish loves the new crevices in the rocks and is always swimming around exploring. The pajama cardinal being a much more relaxed fish likes to just hang out in the shade most of the time. I love it!! Im...
  4. rDr4g0n

FOR SALE! Overflow box, DIY protein skimmer & air pump

ok guys, i recently downsized my 30 / 10 /10 down to just 2 10 gallon tanks. SOOOO im getting rid of a lot of my stuff!!! I am willing to trade all of these items for a Metal Halide ballast and bulb (you pay for shipping of course)! I will calculate shipping if you can gimme a zip code or...
  5. rDr4g0n

Those with 30g or less

I have a 30g, 10g fuge and a 10g sump and a homemade protein skimmer... I recently began steps to reduce my tank to only the (2) 10 gals.
  6. rDr4g0n

thanks for teh warm greets everyone! so far i have spilled very little blood doing DIY projects. lately ive been working on other stuff so I havent done much with my tank or posted here. been doing graphic design, web design, mountain biking, fixing computers... stuff like that lol soooooo...
  7. rDr4g0n

Guys its ok, im not a ghost. FRET NOT!!! Soooo hows everyone!? Good? Good. I just wanted to drop by and say helloooo. My tank has been about the same as last time I posted, but recently I made some changes and I figured I'd share em. Remember that tall 10 gallon I modified? (no? check here...
  8. rDr4g0n

Best site To order Live rock from.

tampa bay is great, i got my rock from there, BUT there is one big BUT!! Its straight outta the ocean. most places put LR on racks and keep them wet enough not to kill the bacteria, but dry enough that any critters attached to the rock die. Tampa bay ships gets em outta the ocean and ships em...
  9. rDr4g0n

dead /live rock question !!!1

theres a balance of good and bad bacteria and algae in a balanced tank. A lotta live rock basically gives the good guys a bunch of troops. The "dead" rock you have is, for now at least, just a spot for teh "bad guys" to grow. You will get a ton of algae for the first month, and possibly a big...
  10. rDr4g0n

vacuming sand substrate

Nassarius snails and queen conchs do a good job of moving the sand around. Best cure for nitrates is water change thouhg :)
  11. rDr4g0n

My tank is almost 'done'

hey everyone here are some updates on my tankity tank. i finally got a calcium and alk test kit... ive been reading up on aquarium chemistry and the relationship between calcium, alk and ph. anyways, latest test is ph-8.3, alk-9 (dkh or something... i forgot, but its the right range lol), and...
  12. rDr4g0n

OT- Any Gamers?

ive been trying to learn japanese... im focusing on learnign grammar first rather than just learnign a bunch of phrases. its workin for me so far. i can construct very simple sentences, but it takes me forever to do it lol.
  13. rDr4g0n

OT- Any Gamers?

i dunno if you guys have tried portal but its awesome. its part of the half life 2 episode 2 package. get it! it has the coolest ending ive ever seen in a game.
  14. rDr4g0n

question about feeding my new open brain

well my local petco is going outta business and they are having a massive sale, so ill see what sort of food i can get while im there. oh and i spoke too soon. i woke up this morning (before the lights come on) and he has his polyps extended lol figures. hey sasquatch. i tried math, but he...
  15. rDr4g0n

ya i poke my head in once in a while. the problem is posting here seems to directly correlate to me spending too much money on my tank lol
  16. rDr4g0n

thinking about removing protein skimmer

i think there are so many variables out there that its hard to nail down the cause of failure. maybe in a certain situation ocean water + some other variable = failure, so the aquarist equates ocean water to failure. if anything, its not even science at all. another thing to consider is that we...
  17. rDr4g0n

i gots me a pretty lil trachyphillia a week ago. hes acclimated quite well and extends to a nice sized blob of flourescent pinkish reddish orangish. overall id say its health is just fine. the only thing is that at night it does not extend its feeding polyps. i was planning to feed it shrimp...
  18. rDr4g0n

Is my cardinal pregnant?

lol so far i havent had another batch of babies. the last 2 times they got frisky was after i left the lights off for 2 days or so for one reason or another.
  19. rDr4g0n

LED Lighting

or screw it all and go with hot pink :)
  20. rDr4g0n

LED Lighting

i mentioned in a previous post that ive wired some leds in my computer case. soldering resistors is annoying, but without them the leds blow in minutes lol. also the auctions ive seen on ebay with 100 white leds usually comes with 100 resistors to set them up on a 12v circuit. though silver...