Is my cardinal pregnant?

Triggerjay

Sweet! Now I really cant wait to get the 125 set up. I have 4 of these buggers on my shopping list.. Congrats! Thats just too neat!

Jason

rDr4g0n

thanks everyone... sad news though

woke up this morning and there were only 7 in the tank. in my research ive read that they will eat each other out of competition, so that sucks....

heres some more pics :D

frytank.jpg

fry2.jpg

fry1.jpg

Cougra

How are you doing the water changes in the growout tank? I've heard a lot of people recommend small daily water changes. Some people even recommend to use a drip method or an airline hose to replace the water during water changes to minimize changes in the water chemistry.

rDr4g0n

How are you doing the water changes in the growout tank? I've heard a lot of people recommend small daily water changes. Some people even recommend to use a drip method or an airline hose to replace the water during water changes to minimize changes in the water chemistry.

i was planning to do a 1 gallon change every day, but i havent had usable water for the past 2 days. today im gonna get my water jugs refilled and do a water change on the tank, and continue to do a gallon every other day. i did a water change on sunday, but i the new water was from my main tank.

im also going to get a bit of LR from my other tank to put in this one to increase nitrification. i did have bioballs in a homemade filter kinda thingy in the tank, but it was too hazardous for the little fry.

rDr4g0n

well.... none of them made it. every morning another would be dead. i suspect it was the water quality... it wasnt bad, but it fluctuated a lot since its just a 10 gallon and i had very little live rock in it...

its sad. im sorry little fishies!

rDr4g0n

:cry1: If you are going to stop in every once in a while, can you come with good news!:lol:

lol im sry... next time around i hope to have a very good fry tank ready. i think i didnt provide adequate filtration, so im going to get some extra LR for it, and maybe even a HOB filter. ill have it running again soon so itll be nice and balanced by the time the next batch comes around. i hate having to hatch brine shrimp though, its really annoying.

Sorry dude.

Start saving up for a bigger tank, you'll be ready next time!

lol "saving up" in this hobby is so difficult.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Hey John good to see you! Reproduction in the ocean is by hundreds of thousands of eggs with very low return, youll work it out. Steve

vdituri

Congrats on the birth.
Bummer on the circle of life thingy.
Phase one complete. Phase two coming soon. right?
At least you now have a rocking urchin.
The pics of the baby cardinals were awesome.
I didn't expect them to be so fully formed for some reason.

Better luck next time, because you've just been recruited by M.N.M.C. (Mother Nature Marine Corps) to get these guys off the endangered list.
Do you accept the mission soldier? It's up to you now.... no pressure :smirk:
:help1:

rDr4g0n

Better luck next time, because you've just been recruited by M.N.M.C. (Mother Nature Marine Corps) to get these guys off the endangered list.
Do you accept the mission soldier? It's up to you now.... no pressure :smirk:
:help1:

lol

so far i havent had another batch of babies. the last 2 times they got frisky was after i left the lights off for 2 days or so for one reason or another.