am i back from the DEAD!?

rDr4g0n

Guys its ok, im not a ghost. FRET NOT!!!

Soooo hows everyone!? Good? Good. I just wanted to drop by and say helloooo. My tank has been about the same as last time I posted, but recently I made some changes and I figured I'd share em. Remember that tall 10 gallon I modified? (no? check here http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/diy/17429-crazy-mans-aquarium-mod.html ) Well ive moved all my coral into there. I was getting tired of doing water changes on a 50 gallon system because I have to go buy (2) 5 gallon jugs of water for it per week ( 5 gal for evap and another 5 for water change), then lug em up stairs to my apt. Im pretty lazy soo.... yeah.

Anyway, So fish: I had 2 bangai cardinals, 1 pajama, and 1 blown. Well the first bangai was eaten by my brain coral. Can you believe that? The fish was teh size of that brain and he ATE HIM!!! There was a lump in that brain for 4 days. Now the brain is growing new folds and a new mouth, so something good came of it.

The second bangai I found dead this weekend (which convinced me to just move everything to the 10 gallon). Poor thing was missing his whole tail... sound familiar?! Thats the same thing that happened to my lionfish!!!
finagain.jpg

finally, the cardinal babies didnt make it :( First brood i set up in a separate tank which never fully balanced, and the trates killed em. Second brood i kept in the main systems circulation, but they eventually died of... probably getting sucked into a powerhead lol

my clow is still insane and excited, and my pajama cardinal, the first fish i ever got, is just fine. The clown, when i moved him to the tall tank, was so overwelmed by its "tallness" that he tried swimming up, and ended up upside down lol he did that like 4 times.

OK, so heres a pic...

tall1.jpg

so we have mushrooms and button polyps everywhere. The thing I like about this smaller space is that the corals and fish appear "larger" and theyre more densly packed in. It seems prettier to me. On top is a regular ol home depot flood light, and to the left I have a 14k and an actinic tube (like... 30w each i think, not regular 17w, but not VHO either) on its side. yes, the tank is lit from teh top and the side. Also, you can see 2 frags of a wall hammer. Its alive, but hasnt ever really done well. Its very picky about light and waterflow. Also, my brain coral down there, and thats about it.

Oh heres that scary 14 inch bristleworm.
bristleworm.jpg

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Heeerrrees Johnnny!!!!!!! Welcome back DragonDude we be needing mo crazy lol, hows the jobs going??

Frankie

RS STAFF
Welcome back dude! I thought you might have cut your arm off plumbing or something. :)

rDr4g0n

thanks for teh warm greets everyone!

so far i have spilled very little blood doing DIY projects. lately ive been working on other stuff so I havent done much with my tank or posted here. been doing graphic design, web design, mountain biking, fixing computers... stuff like that lol

soooooo I hope ill be around here more! I miss it!

rDr4g0n

welp the corals have really settled in to the new space. They REALLY love it! The clown fish loves the new crevices in the rocks and is always swimming around exploring. The pajama cardinal being a much more relaxed fish likes to just hang out in the shade most of the time. I love it!!

talltanknew2small.jpg

Im gonna be moveing about 1000 miles away in august, and i plan to move my tank with me. Im gonna fill up 2 5gallon buckets with water and live rock and use 2 bubble boxes to keep the water moving. the only thing i will need to be extremely careful with is water temp. Anyways, the trip will hopefully be about 16 or 18 hours straight through.

rDr4g0n

moving to tuscaloosa alabama. thats where i was born and raised up until my parents decided to come here to south texas.

Actually since im moving im selling my skimmer, air pump, and overflow box. the thread i http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums...verflow-box-diy-protein-skimmer-air-pump.html if no one wants to buy the skimmer, i guess ill just give it away lol. Its homemade so it aint exactly the pinnacle of beauty, but it works great.

Last edited: