dead /live rock question !!!1

markm3

i know its a stupid question but i need your help ..well i just turn on my new 180 gal the water sg ,1.26 ph 8.3,amonia 0,ni 0,na 15 levels are stabel ,, i took old water from my tank with and new sand and dead rock in my new tank
after checking all levels is good and stable i add damsels and clown ,and one tang ( new stocks) in my new tank to see how they doing ,its one week and they start to eat well ,,i also work my new tank with 2 (old) consister fillters
i got a 250 w MH for light and tunze skimmer
well i need to turn my dead rock to little live rock to move all my lovely old stock in it , but i still dont want to stress them ,,,my old tank smell good like the sea its 1 years old
my new one not yet ,i know i have to take more time but my old one is leaking slowly ,,,i dont have many LR in my old (80 gal) to put it on my new (180) i am afraid it die ,,,so any more question u need to know please ask and i will wait for any suggestions you say it ,,i really belive in REEF SANCTUARY ,,without you i wount be here untill now

Attachments

• my new tank.JPG
    my new tank.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 51

lcstorc

Do you have any Live Rock in the new tank? What are your levels after adding that much bioload? How much bio-load are you adding from the old tank? How close are the parameters betwen the two tanks? These will all play a part in the process.

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
Lynns right, your going to face some challenges, basically its a new tank, its going to cycle, then its going to do the algae thing, this could take a while, where is your other tank leaking? I would try to keep it running as long as possible, really you should remove the fish, get enough live rock in the tank to do the job, let it cycle properly then do the move

markm3

thanks for your replying and sorry that i didnt reply earlier it was working time,,,well my live rock is not more than 10 kilow in my old tank and when i came back i found that the leaking is stoped thats the good news and my new stock is happy too ,thats mean i will wait for a while and i found my new dead rocks coulours turn dark brown almost is this oky??? its like kind of small brown algee groing .
i hope its oky....well thanks again for your help and waiting for your replies

sasquatch

Brunt of all Jokes~
PREMIUM
thanks for your replying and sorry that i didnt reply earlier it was working time,,,well my live rock is not more than 10 kilow in my old tank and when i came back i found that the leaking is stoped thats the good news and my new stock is happy too ,thats mean i will wait for a while and i found my new dead rocks coulours turn dark brown almost is this oky??? its like kind of small brown algee groing .
i hope its oky....well thanks again for your help and waiting for your replies

that would be the start of the algae cycle,it will die off and something else will take over once the nutrients are used up it should settle down

markm3

that would be the start of the algae cycle,it will die off and something else will take over once the nutrients are used up it should settle down
thanks again for the reply but what do you mean for somthing else will take over once the nutrients are used up it should settle down

rDr4g0n

thanks again for the reply but what do you mean for somthing else will take over once the nutrients are used up it should settle down

theres a balance of good and bad bacteria and algae in a balanced tank. A lotta live rock basically gives the good guys a bunch of troops. The "dead" rock you have is, for now at least, just a spot for teh "bad guys" to grow. You will get a ton of algae for the first month, and possibly a big bacterial bloom (cloudy water).

The good guys will win eventually, but if you have any fish, corals or other inverts in there they will be stressed and can die (its a warzone ya know!!).

Its always prudent to wait a month before introducing stuff into a new tank, even if everything appears to be good to go.