Search results

1. 12g Dude

Dori is sick i need help

My Dori was infested with ich after transfering to new 90 gallon tank from her long time 55 gallon home. She was going down hill fast...Ich multiplying and eye clouding up. Received shipment of Ecomarine Garlic elixer. After three days of soaking food with it....Eye cleared up, ick was...
  2. 12g Dude

Yellow Choris Wrasse

I've had 4 of those guys. I have open tanks (no lids) so a few of them have jumped out. I'm down to one in a 55 Gal (FO) and another one in a 30 Gallon Reef. I love'em very colorful and active.
  3. 12g Dude

Need a Neptune Aquacontroller? Group Buy!

Sounds too good to pass up....OOOps. $200 bucks just flew out of my wallet...again! I'm sure smoking crack would be cheaper in the long run! Is there a 12 step program to help quit this addiction?
  4. 12g Dude

The 90G Build.

If your fridge is on the same side of the kitchen as your RO, Just swap out the copper line with a poly (plastic) one instead. I've been using the same RO water for my salt water mix and ice maker/drinking water for years without a problem. I swapped out the copper line to the frigde in my...
  5. 12g Dude

The 90G Build.

Thanks for posting your build. I'm in the middle of a 90 Galllon tech series build myself. I just bough 100LBS of Live rock and will let it cure for a few weeks. My last purchase is going to be sand. have you figured out how much sand you will need to buy to get a good 2" sand bed in the...
  6. 12g Dude

Is this OK

Take it slow and add livestock cautiously. I've been using Purigen in my Nano along with some carbon (both pros and cons on the carbon, but it seems to be working for me) Religious waterchanges is the key and keep an eye on the algea growth. You should be fine.
  7. 12g Dude

To Make Waves or Not?

I would estimate that the increased waterflow from front to rear would do more harm than good. Sounds like your MJ's are more than capable of handling your 24G aquapod current needs. Sometimes more is not better. I suggest kiling the hydor and sticking with the Wavemaker on 50 Sec intervals...
  8. 12g Dude

Pentair Lifeguard Modular System

A heater malfunction was my first thought. I have a heatroller that tuns the heater off via an external heat sensor, separate from the heater sensor. The heater was not the problem...I unplugged it just to make sure. I'm wondering If it should have been lubed up before use or something that...
  9. 12g Dude

Pentair Lifeguard Modular System

I just ran across a killer deal on a Pentair Lifeguard modular system. I've been eyeing them for a couple years but didn't want to pay the price. I bought the heater, chemical and UV sterilizer modules to go with the base pump and mechanical filter. I plumbed it all together and fired it...
  10. 12g Dude

LED lighting

I see that the preliminary price of $1500 for a 48" fixture jumped to $2400. Does the expected payback period on energy savings and bulb replacement now jump from three years to 5? I suspect that this technology will be like LCD TV’s. These guys have the jump on everyone so can afford to...
  11. 12g Dude

Purigen

I recently recharged a bag of purigen. Since I swap them out, I left the other to dry. I noticed that after the bleach soaking, it was bright white again. After drying, it's turned brown again. Any ideas as to why this would happen? Should I recharge it getting it to the pure white color...
  12. 12g Dude

Where To Buy Charcoal On-Line

Kenny, How's that Anenome doing...Has it paired up with your clown yet? Try the blackdiamond Carbon...Great stuff!
  13. 12g Dude

whats a good lighting timer??

I've been using the coralife dual timer for a couple months now with no problems... Best price was Fosters and smith for about $35. The older versions had some issues. I believe they fixed then now.
  14. 12g Dude

ReefNoob

Ro units very widely. I would say that you'd be good with a basic unit. The Membrane doesn’t usually need to be replaced unless you have very hard water and it's under very heavy use. Some of the more advanced units have a backwash feature that will help clear the membrane, hence extending...
  15. 12g Dude

ReefNoob

That's a good one! to correct my work...I'd have to DO some work. I just let you pay me to surf the net all day. What else do you expect from a guy with a 7th grade education. :whstlr: "To cool for School" pisces Girl, Kenny's giving you the straight scoop on the set-up. IF there's...
  16. 12g Dude

Upgraded 12g OG Nano

I didn't think so either...but the chiller was on and running. all i did was reverse the plug...I watched the temp slowley back down from 86 to 80.5 degrees. Nick from Nanocustoms was the one that told me about it heating up the water that way. I'll have to defer to him for the scientific...
  17. 12g Dude

Upgraded 12g OG Nano

I just upgraded my 12G Nano from 24 watts to 72. Nanocustoms are great to work with. I dealt with Nick most of the time. Very helpfull guy...in this hobby, that's a big plus! I received the full hood replacement in good shape. My OG Nano tank is trimed in black. The new hood came in...
  18. 12g Dude

ReefNoob

You sound like Democrate....Equating Army with being Wanted...You got somehting against the military? I love our troops and would never slander them like that! I suggest you hug the first soldier you see. I'm sure we can reason that some how... through his dedicated service to his or her...
  19. 12g Dude

ReefNoob

KMP....You just want another excuse to go to the LFS! LoL! The RO unit works great for your everyday drinking water too. Mines plumbed to the fridge, sink and the Saltwater container on the back porch. I wouldn't be without a RO unit in my house...In fact, I've had them for the last 15...
  20. 12g Dude

ReefNoob

Kenny It's nice to see that the guys with the experience still take the time to help the New Folks! Here's some :) Karma