Pentair Lifeguard Modular System

12g Dude

I just ran across a killer deal on a Pentair Lifeguard modular system. I've been eyeing them for a couple years but didn't want to pay the price. I bought the heater, chemical and UV sterilizer modules to go with the base pump and mechanical filter.

I plumbed it all together and fired it up. Within 12 hours, my temp went thru the roof to about 84 degrees. I turned it off and the temp went back down to normal. It seems that the dry pump (quiet one 4000) it heating up enough to heat the tank. Has anyone else ran into this problem and is there any ideas to remedy other than adding a chiller? I purchased a 12V, 80mm CPU fan and have it sitting directly over the pump to help pull some of the heat out of it, but it's still pretty warm. I really like the "one pump" concept, but the heats got to go!

mps9506

I personally haven't had a problem with that pump running hot. I have two quiet one 4000hh pumps running submerged with no issues, and have run three of them externally with no heat issues either. Only problems I had with them are what I feel is somewhat thin weak plastic on parts of the casing near the outlet.

I'm assuming the heater unit wasn't plugged in when you were running the pump?

12g Dude

A heater malfunction was my first thought. I have a heatroller that tuns the heater off via an external heat sensor, separate from the heater sensor. The heater was not the problem...I unplugged it just to make sure. I'm wondering If it should have been lubed up before use or something that I missed in the manual?

Thanks for the info, it helps to know it's not a known system issue.