Yellow Choris Wrasse

InLimbo87

Anyone have one of these in their reef tank? Really want one for my future 65g, but wanted to know others experience with them. Also, any links to good info on em would be great. Thanks :snshne:

Frankie

RS STAFF
I have one. We call him "zippy". There great fish for worms and clam eating snails. He scouts around all day foraging off the pods and such. Very active fish. Loves to ride the flow in my tank from one side to another. He tends to get in the overflow once and a while but i don't mind fishing him out. Also the tangs tend to gang up on him and its funny to watch as they chase him around. They don't hurt him, i think there just all playing some kind of fishy game. Like tag. :)

12g Dude

I've had 4 of those guys. I have open tanks (no lids) so a few of them have jumped out. I'm down to one in a 55 Gal (FO) and another one in a 30 Gallon Reef. I love'em very colorful and active.

kyrie_eleison

Has been struck by the ban stick
I got one just recently...for my flatworm problem. Unfortunately, I haven't seen him munch on any. But...I haven't seen many flat worms either. With the exception of the chromis', all my other fish chase him around the tank, including the big tangs.

He's pretty cool to watch since he's bright yellow and stands out anywhere in the tank.

Snelly40

i had one, lost him in the move :(
but great great fish, very active, usually out swimming, if they get scared they will bury themselves in the sand so a DSB should be a must IMO.
watch out for jumping, mine jumped out twice but luckily i was there both times when he did and i tossed him back in :)
will definately get another one, they are very vibrant in color and make a great display.
I have also heard conflicting ideas on them schooling, however it has been mentioned many times that a few of them make a great display and will typically school together!!!

kimoy

have one in my reef and loved it. always busy looking for something to eat. good fish to have in a reef. very peaceful but don't mix it with other wrasse of the same.

kyrie_eleison

Mine has been swimming kind of strange lately. He's swimming like a gramma for some reason. I don't know if it's because he's been fighting or what but he doesn't look injured yet it was almost as if he was broken in half. I put him in one of my refugiums so I can do a more closer observation of him. I did notice earlier on that my scopas was chasing him around.

cheeks69

Wannabe Guru
RS STAFF
These fish are very active and jumpers so maybe it's a possible injury from hitting the canopy or hood or other objects above the tank. These are great fish but smaller shrimp are on their menu so watch out ! Also do you have a DSB ? These fish do best with a deep, sugar size substrate.

cioutlaw

I had a Wrasse that was yellow on top & white on the bottom...buried itself in the first 30 seconds & never was seen again. Dont remember the name of it but was from Sri Lanka

kyrie_eleison

These fish are very active and jumpers so maybe it's a possible injury from hitting the canopy or hood or other objects above the tank. These are great fish but smaller shrimp are on their menu so watch out ! Also do you have a DSB ? These fish do best with a deep, sugar size substrate.

In my reef tank...sort of; Not in my refugium. To be honest, I don't think it's going to around much longer. It doesn't look so good. As a matter of fact; looks like it's going to die. It swims all weird.