Dori is sick i need help

prow

sweet, good info. yup there are differences thats for sure. mostly just the parameters and consintrations of things like you said. remember though a white blood celll is a white blood cell and does what it does. i think the only way to tell the difference between mairne fishes T and B lymphocyctes and ours is by looking at the cell surface and/or cytoplasm, not in the functional aspects of the cell. the pathways and mechanisms of action might be very different and really the issue at hand. but once it, whatever, reaches its target, white cells for ex., acts and dose what it dose. not surprising that the cytoplasm and surface of it would be different as the conditions demand such atlerations for cell function. they may differentiate into something else too but react to the same antigens and such at first. in complexity there seems to data that supports the idea marne fish have a secondary immune system, work done on Ig. monocytes, cytokines ect.. are all the same. here is something you might like. its on the immune response in marine fish. http://www.educacion.uanl.mx/publicaciones/maricultura/vii/pdf/16JorgeGalindo.pdf much like ours. great read through for anyone wanting to grasp all this stuff.

just a note, but immune stimulants listed and used by most MD's dose not include garlic either. garlic would most definitely not be included on any list given to a traditional medical student. alternative meds, herbologiest ect.. would have it on their list. dont think you will find many herbs on any type list in traditonal medicine just yet.(some i know, st johns wart for ex) we do know, however, garlic has immune "booster" effects in us.

DrHank

Yes, and no. I think that any recommendations regarding use of medicine on Marine Tropical Fish must be limited to those which are readily available to the general public. This also needs to allow for simple measurement and treatment protocol that will enable the average hobbiest to effectively administer and treat their fish.

The average hobbiest does not have the capability to weigh grams, compound chemicals or perform other treatment which might call for laboratory equipment. Further, there must be a clear distinction between what is proven and what is equivocal so the individual knows if it generally works or it may work.

I think that this is a very interesting subject and I would love to see efforts in this area but then, I liked bacteriology and parisitology too. Now days, I don't even have a microscope handy to prepare slime coat scrapings. What is this world coming to.

prow

yup it could get detailed. i am thinking more on the physiology and pathology and how it relates to immune responses in our fishes. just to get a better grasp on it. only can use what little info is out there. maybe later go into diet and treaments. there will not be much on proof, little work done on marine fish, even less on species specific stuff. but then again maybe there is, thats what i want to find out, that and grasping their systems a little/lot better.

Now days, I don't even have a microscope handy to prepare slime coat scrapings. What is this world coming to.
bifocals:dummy:

AQTCJAK

RS Sponsor
Marine Ich cant with stand fresh water it dies, On the oposite hand Fresh Water Ich cant with stand Salt Water it dies as well

12g Dude

My Dori was infested with ich after transfering to new 90 gallon tank from her long time 55 gallon home. She was going down hill fast...Ich multiplying and eye clouding up. Received shipment of Ecomarine Garlic elixer. After three days of soaking food with it....Eye cleared up, ick was 90% gone. No other fish in the tank were effected. I'm a believer. At $60 a tube...It's worth every penny!

tbittner

When I first got my Dori, she would spend a big part of the day itching herself. I started feeding seaweed soaked with garlic (kent marine xtreme garlic extract), selcon, and Zoe. It only took three days and she quit itching and is now happy as a fish in water. :D

Now, by no means can I claim that that is what made a difference nor do I have any scientific facts to back it up. But all of my fish have beautiful colors and they all seem very healthy.