Search results

1. lbiminiblue

Hosting multiple clowns in one coral

Hey all, I got two ocellaris clowns hosting a frogspawn for multiple years now. It’s really blown up in size, and I’m planning out a reef tank overhaul (120 gallons) for this summer. Was wondering what the logistics are of introducing one or more clowns to an already mated (I think?) pair. I...
  2. lbiminiblue

Image Hosting

Hey guys, two year hiatus temporarily ended! What's the best way to embed photos here? Last I was around it was photobucket, but I don't know if there's anything easier or simpler - imgur maybe? Need to update that tank chronicle, it's been a minute.
  3. lbiminiblue

Mandarin Dragonet?

Hey guys! Been ages since I've last visited. The tank is doing well. The new LEDs have my frogspawn and other corals growing ridiculously fast, and my two clownfish are happy as can be. With summer coming up, I was looking at some new additions for the tank. Looking at my rocks and glass...
  4. lbiminiblue

HELP! The culprit found! (Help)

So I finally found the clicking. While doing a tank cleanup today, I pulled out the rock I always suspected of harboring a mantis. I dunked it in a black bin with freshwater, and waited. 4-5 minutes. I took out the rock and started pouring cold water into it, hoping to flush it out. Only...
  5. lbiminiblue

Tridacnid Clams

Hey guys, tank's been up for a few weeks now, everything's looking great. I've been looking to spice up the colors, and I was wondering about a tridacnid clam. How are these guys as far as care goes? I'm guessing two LED units that have my frogspawn blooming should be able to support it...
  6. lbiminiblue

How do you guys adjust corals?

Hey guys, since the tank has been put back together now, I'm looking to get new corals. I was thinking of acroporas--maybe one or two, along with one montipora and possibly acans. Also debating an anemone for the clowns to host so they don't bother my frogspawn. I know that it's vey rare to...
  7. lbiminiblue

New Rockwork

just finished building up the tank again. Going to be putting clowns and corals back in in the coming weeks. What do you guys think of the new rockscape? Thinking of getting a hippo or naso tang, so I made sure to leave plenty of swimming space.
  8. lbiminiblue

New Lighting! New Stand! New Hood!

Hey guys, glad to say that my tank has been undergoing a huge overhaul. For the past 3 weeks or so its been broken down. The tank is sitting outside on the terrace. I got most of my LR in a trashcan with power heads and lighting. My clowns and shrimp are living in a 10 gallon right now...
  9. lbiminiblue

120 Reef LED Lighting

Hey Guys, I've been doing some moving around of my 120 reef tank. Dismantled it and cleared out all the inhabitants to reassemble it. Now, I'm looking into LED lighting to replace my T5 fixture. I've searched around for a little bit, but haven't found much. I remember vaguely some 48 inch...
  10. lbiminiblue

It's Me!

Hey guys, been way too long since I've last posted here. Tank is still up. I'm down to two VERY happy clownfish. One's a black false perc the other's your run of the mill false perc. Seems the black has become the female, and I'm expecting eggs within the next 2-3 months or so. They've...
  11. lbiminiblue

Just a Quick Update

Hey guys, its been forever since I posted. Tank is doing OK, no new additions. My anthias jumped though, my prized anthias. He was so pretty. Sadly, I'm losing to aiptasia. I need to get my hands on joes juice or something because vinegar isn't cutting it. My frogspawn has absolutely taken...
  12. lbiminiblue

Jawfish Panic?

Just checked on my JF...he seemed a little spooked when the lights went out. Does he need a wide rock to cover his den? Or will he be OK?
  13. lbiminiblue

New Jawfish

Hey guys, I just bought a new pearly jawfish. He's a little small for my taste, but he's found a good burrowing spot. Its between two rocks, with a forest of xebias over and behind him for cover. He seems pretty at ease, but I'm going to get a screen to ensure he doesn't jump out. Can I...
  14. lbiminiblue

Bimini Trip

Hey guys, I did a Memorial Day trip a little while ago, thought I might share some pics and videos. These are from a wreck of a concrete ship- somehow they work, don't know how- that was built by Henry Ford. It ran aground a while ago and still stands in 20 feet of water. That's me...
  15. lbiminiblue

Possible Montipora?

Hey guys, I just found an interesting growth on one of my rocks. It came from an LFS a long time ago, more than 6 months. Today, with the LEDs on, I noticed this growing. It looks like a shelving coral, and has that distinctive red color. It doesn't flop in the current either...
  16. lbiminiblue

Anthias Begging for Cleaning?

Hey guys, I've had a lyretail anthias for almost 2 weeks now. I know I should get him a mate really soon, but haven't gotten around to it yet. He's eating well, but I should be feeding him more often. I give him cyclops along with shreds of squid which he really likes. I really need to feed him...
  17. lbiminiblue

Octopus Release

Thought you guys might like this. I caught this little guy in roughly 8 inches of water. I turned around while I was wading through the rocks and saw his bright blue tentacles trailing behind him. He just stared at me when I made eye contact and I was able to catch him relatively easily...
  18. lbiminiblue

Tangs and Disease

Hey guys, I've begun thinking about a tang for my 120, and have been stumped as far as the disease resistance of certain varieties. I've heard the PBT and Hippos are basically ich machines, but so is every other type. Are nasos fairly resitant? Assume good diet including algae and shrimp and...
  19. lbiminiblue

Greeting suggestions :)

Hey guys, I've noticed some things around here on the main page that I think should be addressed. Not that bad things are going on, just that some improvements need to be made. On some threads where new users (maybe just looking for a quick answer/ advice) make a simple question, a few users...
  20. lbiminiblue

OT: Net Neutrality

Hey guys this is an interesting read, and I think it's slightly worrisome http://www.wired.com/opinion/2013/11/so-the-internets-about-to-lose-its-net-neutrality/