Search results

1. fitzpoppa

Finally running

After a rocky start, between funds and a leaky used tank i have my tank running. I added some live rock yesterday so i can start my cycle and ended up just buying a new tank since i had no luck with used ones. I got a 55 gallon for 55 bucks at the local big box pet store. I just wanted to share...
  2. fitzpoppa

light for rock

Do i need a 4 bulb coral light for live rock or can i buy one later?
  3. fitzpoppa

Before i add water and sand.

I'm gonna fill up the gap some and seed with live rock when i add the water and sand. Thanks.
  4. fitzpoppa

I have a 55 gallon tank and I'm running a 20 Gallon fuge right now with a protein skimmer.
  5. fitzpoppa

Was wondering if this was enough rock? I want to eventually do coral but not for a few months so can i add more rock at a later time.
  6. fitzpoppa

Filter question

Just a protein skimmer? How would i run that? Sorry for all the questions. I'm so new at this.
  7. fitzpoppa

Filter question

Just a few small fish and some rock. Maybe 1 or 2 corals. Not a whole lot.
  8. fitzpoppa

Filter question

I have a 30 gallon freshwater tank and want to change it over to a saltwater tank. Question is can i use the Whisper 150 Bio Wheel filter thats on it or do i need to change it to a wet dry filter? I know i need a power head and a different light to do corals. Just wondering about the filter...
  9. fitzpoppa

Sand question.

I am picking up another tank bigger then what i was gonna start with. It has sand and rock but its all dried up. Can i use this same sand or do i have to get new. Also the rock was live at one time but not any more. Can i use it as base rock if i boil it good and make sure its clean. A...
  10. fitzpoppa

new show on animal planet

I don't have cable either. So internet TV is always a option. :)
  11. fitzpoppa

What do you call it, and why?

zoas is what I've always heard.
  12. fitzpoppa

Not much but its mine...

Will do, thanks Al.
  13. fitzpoppa

My light.

It's a 30 watt bulb.
  14. fitzpoppa

My light.

Will do, Thank you for the info. This light is old school big LOL, but beats no light at all.
  15. fitzpoppa

My light.

No corals, the other info I'll have to find out. Corals will be way down the road. I know i need a special light for them.
  16. fitzpoppa

My light.

I got a light from a guy who bought a new light. It has a marine bulb in it. the type i don't know. Its super bright and super blue. Does this seem right. I'm hoping to get something better down the road. I guess my question is, will it be ok for now to just run this.
  17. fitzpoppa

Hi all

Welcome to RS. Theres a lot of good information here.
  18. fitzpoppa

What magazines . . .

I will look at the "Coral" magazine everyone is mentioning. Sounds very interesting. Thanks
  19. fitzpoppa

Not much but its mine...

Sweet info on the Lion fish. Thanks i will look into them. Yes the tank is a 48 inch 55 Gal.
  20. fitzpoppa

Not much but its mine...

I'm wanting to go with some Clowns, would love to have a blue hippo tang but i hear that a 55 isn't big enough. I love the yellow tang, and the angel fish. Theres so many options i just have to keep reading and see what will live together in harmony. Would love to have also some of the Lion...