new show on animal planet

bigvag

I just seen a preview for a new show on animal planet starting on August 18th. Its a custom aquarium building company, should be interesting. I believe the show was called get tanked.

While I like the topic the last thing the world needs at this point is more reality show nonsense and the final edit will most likely be just that; complete nonsense.

Now that the Nemo fad is dieing out this just might take its place dooming a new generation of aquarium stock to fad based systems. I sincerely hope I am wrong however.

I saw the preview for this it looks interesting (anything related to the hobby is of interest to me), however I must agree with baitbucket, NO MORE REALITY TELEVISION...I say this while intent on watching.

bigvag

Yeah the same thing happened to storm chasers, the first few years where good, then it went more reality based and seemed fake.

Reality TV may be with us for some time to come. It is just to much of a cash cow. You don't have to pay writers, actors, set builders etc. With money like that involved the producers and networks will hold on to the concept to the bitter end.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
"Now that the Nemo fad is dieing out this just might take its place dooming a new generation of aquarium stock to fad based systems. I sincerely hope I am wrong however."

If the show is what I think it will be, it will also show how to set-up, cycle, equip, and stock tanks. If it is as predicted, it will have the opposite effect on livestock death than the Nemo Effect did.

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
Because it's on Animal Planet, there may be a chance. The last thing this hobby needs though is a TV show on an "Animal Network" causing the deaths of thousands of SW fish. Activists would be all over that.

*I just got post jumped!*

Activist will jump on anything they think has legs. Its how a lot of them make there living. Maybe were safe since fish and corals don't have legs.

I remember a few years back that if I heard the word "conscientious" one more time in association with this hobby my ears would start bleeding. Thankfully most of those types have cycled through the hobby and are now on there soap boxes over on whatever other hobby/pet forum they have taken up.

Anyone with first hand knowledge of the rate at which these animals kill, poison and disfigure one another in the wild over food and territory knows that this hobby is not a environmental factor or the cause of any more suffering than these animals are likely to experience in the wild. My only problem is with people who enter the hobby and then refuse to learn any thing about it.

"Cant it just work"? I saw em set up a 500 gallon shark tank on TV and it only took em an hour to do it.