Search results

1. soriano

Culturing Pods

Is it ok to culture Tisbe and Tigger pods in the same bucket? or will the Tigger prey on the smaller Tisbe...?
  2. soriano

Water Change - Transfusion Method

What do you guys think of doing a water changes Transfusion Style? - Install a High-level float switch in the sump that is set for the correct water level of the sump. - Connect the switch to a Power Head in the sump (located at the front of the sump) that drains into a sink or floor drain. -...
  3. soriano

Treating Top off Water

Have been reading some posts on ATO holding tanks and the possibility of PO4 being released in the holding tank due to uncleaned conatiners/bins. Assuming one has a GFO+carbon reactor - has anyone thought of running ATO line to an functioning GFO/Carbon reactor chain? I was thinking of placing...
  4. soriano

Pico Aeration

A pic of my 4G desk Pico. I have a small power head creating circulation and surface agitation, but I'm wondering if I need an air stone for added gas exchange... I have an air stone in there already... I'm just wondering if I can do without What do you guys think...
  5. soriano

questions on auto top-off and kalk

They say to drip kalk water... but if it's connected to an auto top-off... wont it dump a lot of kalk water at once? ie. if an auto topoff dumps 1-1.5 liters of water before it turns off. is it safe to dose 1-1.5 liters of kalk water at once? Also, you know how kalk reactors have the pump...
  6. soriano

Those with 30g or less

(If you don't have a sump) Are you skimming? If so, what skimmer are you using?
  7. soriano

dwarf angels and lps

Do you think it's safe to keep dwarf angels like flames or bi-colors in a tank with LPS like frogspawn, torch, or brain?
  8. soriano

5G skimmer

So, I have been holding off on update pics of my tank and LR rack because i neglected my tank over the summer... not alot, but enough (i know... bad...). Anyhow, part of my neglect was not replacing my old skimmer that wasn't performing. Now that summer's over and my projects moved...
  9. soriano

Can I see your In wall tank?!?!

Hi All, I'm in the process of finishing the wall of my in-wall tank. Just looking for finishing ideas. (ie. solid wall vs. cabinet doors , framing of tank etc.) So show me what you got!
  10. soriano

Where to introduce ozone

So I want to start using ozone. My question is where do I introduce it. I have a recirculating skimmer. Should I introduce the ozone via one of the recirc pumps? Or should I introduce it at the supply pump located in the sump...
  11. soriano

Alk Calc. help pls

How do you convert mg/l to DKH. My test kit (hagen) says: Multiply Mg/l (ppm) X .056 = DH So with that calc: 140 mg/l x .056 = 7.84 DKH? Is that correct?
  12. soriano

Distance from Surface for acro

Assume a 175w 10k bulb that is 8" from the surface How far from the surface should an acro be from the surface ? Is there a possiblity of being too close?
  13. soriano

PVC LR Shelf Rack

I wanted to do something different in the way of aquascaping with my new 120g. I really want a rock shelf that extends out into the tank (not an arch) so here's my plan. Below is a pvc LR rack (not yet complete). I need a few more T's to join the upper portion and I'm going to extend the...
  14. soriano

advice on 120g stand

do i have enough support? The load will be carried by the 6 verticals. I know alot of people add additional 2x4s to support the horizontal perimeter... but since it is a perimeter, alot of force and leverage would be needed to pry the horizontals from the vertical legs... Thoughts PS. Im...
  15. soriano

clown behavior

Do clowns (false percs) exhibit any particular type of behavior before laying eggs? I know about the 'shuddering' when a couple are determining who's dominant. But I was wondering whether or not they start to act funny before egg laying.
  16. soriano

Thoughts on setup

So I'm building my new system... I built a new stand and made it a bit higher for viewing pleasure. My current return pump will not be sufficient enough to create enough current/water movement in the tank due to the larger tank coupled with the higher stand Having said that, I was...
  17. soriano

repairing a tank

I came across a 70g tank that has a small crack on the bottom pane. Other than that all sides are ok. Any recommendations on how to take a tank apart so I can just replace the bottom pane? Is there any product that wil disolve the silicone? Or do i have to try and squeeze a razor between...
  18. soriano

Glass Thickness

I'm planning on building a new tank Anyone have glass thickness chart? (wondering about how thick my glass should be)
  19. soriano

Trip to orlando

Hi all - going on a trip to orlando for business. Any shops i should try and visit? Also - how much do reef bones usually cost down there. here where i'm at it costs about $70-80 CDN per 40lb box (mainly due to shipping costs). I was thinking of bringing some home with me and saving on...
  20. soriano

submersed SCWD

Will a SCWD work if submersed? I have a submersible pump that I want to attach a SCWD to. I plan on hiding the pump and scwd behind rock work...