Search results

1. D

Coral ID Plz

what kind of lighting requirements...they are about a foot from the bottom on my 65 Brick Reef tank...should i move them up?
  2. D

Coral ID Plz

ive never seen or heard of Button Polyps that get 1.25 inches in Diameter, any idea as to the type?
  3. D

Coral ID Plz

I was given a Bucket of Rubble LR and found these in the bucket. I almost jumped out of my skin when they closed as i placed them in the sump. I moved them up under my Reef Lighting, and they opened up into Brown Disks. Anyone have any clue what they might be. I dont know anything about them...
  4. D

Coral ID Plz

further info. the reason they did better in my Refugium as apposed to my main tank is, they eat Cepopod and Amphopod larvae, which i have growing readily in my Refugium. they are not purely photosynthetic. so while the lights do help, they can exist without them. they prefer to eat. the...
  5. D

Do Clownfish Sleep???

i have 4 Osc clowns, 2 in my 125 and 2 in my 29 cube...3 of the 4 sleep sidways at the top of the water at night, wiggling like always, but the 4th sleeps near the sand, head up, tail down. they all wiggle even while sleeping. they never stop wiggling.
  6. D

Coral ID Plz

Confirmed identity. Strawberry ball anemone. Corynactis californica - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia Thanks for the help
  7. D

Coral ID Plz

http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-hitchhiker-id/70320-need-id-anenome-maybe.html has a better pic of what i have. At least i know what it is now. Mine is red/flame pink, not orange, but its the same thing
  8. D

Coral ID Plz

it isnt majano or aptasia. i followed the search you said, and by chance found a link with something similar. It was identified tenatively as a ball Anemone of some kind. I battled aptasia and im well aware of how fast it can spread. These have not. There were 5 on the rock 6 months ago...
  9. D

Coral ID Plz

i have several of these on a piece of live rock in my tank. it came with the rock, and i do not know what it is. It is sensitive to light. that i know, cause these didnt like the lights in my FOWLR tank, so i put em in my Refugium with 6500k bulb and they sprang out and got bigger. Can...
  10. D

hi from france

If everyone that got it right the first time met in one room, they'd both be shocked when the rest of us strung them up. We all crashed or had something go wrong once at least. The trick isnt to make no mistakes, its to learn from them.
  11. D

live rock - dead rock

Ive been keeping FW tanks for years, but new-ish to SW. What i've done on my 3 SW tanks, which works well, is at least SOME LR from an established tank(ie LFS or Fellow SW keeper) along with whatever Base/dry rock you wish to use, then fill tank w/ SW to about 2/3. Get the Parameters right, and...
  12. D

please dont tell me my wife is correct!!!!!

Married guy guidelines: A)its easier to give her what she wants, than to live with her if you dont. B)she's always right, even when she's not. C)If she isnt happy, she will do all in her power to make you less happy than she is...
  13. D

Stocking 55 gallon

Base rock is a misused term...some places say Base rock when they mean base rock...which is a type of live rock, just not as porous, not as pretty, and its usually choked with sand from having been buried in an aquaculture site. Some use base rock when what they mean is DRY rock...which is just...
  14. D

New to this forum

Welcome. I also keep Damsels, so pics of full grown adults would be welcome. Glad you could join us
  15. D

Stocking 55 gallon

Substrate for a SW tank will primarily with rare exception be Live Sand. Aragonite is the preferred material of most i have talked to. you can get aquacultured live sand on ebay for dirt cheap. Live rock is tougher. Best solution is a Local store, though that can be pricey. If you wish to...
  16. D

Stocking 55 gallon

Me personally, having some knowledge of electronics, wiring, soldering etc...i am building my own LED fixture for my 55g, so i can progress to keeping corals. Im relatively new to SW, but im an old hand at electronic and electrical devices. Building my own makes sense at 1/2 the cost.
  17. D

Stocking 55 gallon

For someone starting out in SW, i suggest FOWLR...stands for Fish only with Live rock....meaning no corals. Corals all require specific types/levels of light. Just to get the tank started, FOWLR is the simplest config. Fish and Live Rock dont care what kind of lights you have, though with...
  18. D

micro/mini brittle stars

Ok, i got signed up as a DIBS Breeder of the Mini Brittle Stars, max size 2.5 inches. I get a shipment in a few days. Also The Strombus Grazing snails. I have 2 tanks setup to breed these, with nothing else in there save LR, LS and i am keeping them properly cycled. Within a few months, i...
  19. D

i just responded to the message you sent me, i didnt send it back

i just responded to the message you sent me, i didnt send it back
  20. D

hows it going?

hows it going?