Coral ID Plz

devind

I was given a Bucket of Rubble LR and found these in the bucket. I almost jumped out of my skin when they closed as i placed them in the sump. I moved them up under my Reef Lighting, and they opened up into Brown Disks. Anyone have any clue what they might be. I dont know anything about them, but i want to keep them healthy, unless i find out i shouldnt.

unknownCoral.jpg

They are Brown Disks, Group of 3, with Teeth like protrusions round the edges. They display Feeding behavior and close whenever i put Brine shrimp or BBS in the tank. The largest is roughly 1.25 Inches in Diameter when fully opened. the other 2 are slightly smallerThey have doubled in size since i found them, but show no signs of spreading. Any Clues what they might be?

devind

ive never seen or heard of Button Polyps that get 1.25 inches in Diameter, any idea as to the type?

Mperkins92

Those look just like my button polyps. Their about that size too. I wasn't doing too well with feeding and light for awhile so they were brown like that. After some better care their more of a neon green with a brown edge

devind

what kind of lighting requirements...they are about a foot from the bottom on my 65 Brick Reef tank...should i move them up?

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
Its a polyp alright. Keep em fairly low to start. If the heads stay closed move em up. Typically tolerant of lots of different lighting

........ mods please turn ur heads.