Search results

1. O

upgraded lights for the 130/130d

Ah thanks. Too much light is just as bad as too little. i found that fixture for like $70 used so i figured worth a shot at asking.
  2. O

upgraded lights for the 130/130d

does anyone know if a 250w mh light is too strong for the 34gallon (130/130d) models? Should I go for the 150w? I found this used and was wondering if there have been any talks about it and whether its too much wattage for the tank . Odyssea Metal Halide System The only problem is, i...
  3. O

What is a good powerhead for 130?

Sweet thanks, Ill look into those options. I guess my current flow arrangement just is not enough.
  4. O

Yeah, its extremely weak. i never realized it either. Do you think a koralia 1 and nano would be sufficient? Damn, 2 maxijet 900s and 2 mp10s isnt that too much flow?
  5. O

WTB: RSM media basket

I'm looking for a rsm130 media basket used if anyones selling. Please let me know!
  6. O

Ive been running the stock 2 pumps on my RSM130 and a koralia nano and it seems like there is not enough flow with those. The nano is extremely weak, i barely even feel anything on my hands and algae is forming on it. I'm thinking of upgrading to a koralia 1 and also keeping the koralia nano...
  7. O

Is this Cyanobacteria?

I had a diatom explosion but its pretty much 75% gone within a week's time frame now. cut the feed back, i even cut the lights a little bit. I also added 7 blue hermits and those things believe it or not, do eat diatom like crazy. Total i have 7 blue hermits, 3 red legged hermits and a couple...
  8. O

different ways to host a clown fish.......

I have heard on several occasions (through posting) of people printing a clown hosting an anemone and taped it up to the tank and the clowns in the tank started doing it. lol
  9. O

Is this Cyanobacteria?

I got some diatoms last week and it looks like that in terms of color. Kind of threw me off cause of your black sand. I thought cyano was red?
  10. O

Oneinamillion's RSM 130, new owner

Thanks! Yeah I moved the candy cane down to the sand and it seems to be doing much better. This morning it was up top and starting to look brown even so I think it was too much lighting. The clown actually starting eating today. It feeds cautiously directly out of my hand at the top of the...
  11. O

UPDATE: Got the tunze working, I had to glue a second magnet on the top. The one magnet on the back didn't stop the tunze from tilting over to one side or the other and it would mess with the water level. Now, it is skimming great. Few pictures from last week: side view baby elegance...
  12. O

Im having some trouble with the Tunze working properly. I took David Shaw's advice on a different thread and adjust the air so bubble come up to the neck (without the intank cup attached) and then adjusted the skimmer itself to get proper bubbling. However, when I put the intank cup on, the...
  13. O

The bigger one (the palythoa?) opened up. I dont know if you can see in the picture but there's like a white slimy film on the right side.. what is that? Does anyone know the name of the zoas and palys? They sure are pretty though
  14. O

I do wear gloves but maybe i'm just overreacting. The description of palytoxins are pretty scary. Does it spread in the water? If the coral releases it into the tank and I put my hand in the tank, will it affect me? There's no way i can never get wet or drip water on the floor and sanitize...
  15. O

Thanks! I had no idea zoas look like that, I didn't even know they closed up. I placed all of them in the tank and am particularly waiting for all of them to open up a bit. I have heard some HORROR stories about palytoxins and now they can cause some serious damage, not to mention kill you so i...
  16. O

My place is a mess. Tunze, old skimmer, screws, towels, hoses everywhere.. Update: Today I added a pair of Firefish/fire gobies. Normally they don't pair up from what I understand and are better off alone but these were the only 2 in the tank and the Petco manager said they have been there for...
  17. O

An update: I got my Tunze 9002! w inTank cup. I've been through a lot to get this tank up and running.. its such a battle to get every little quirk fixed and to familiarize yourself with all the equipment, etc. I dont think i'd ever be able to leave on a vacation because no one will know how to...
  18. O

Red Sea Max 130D Skimmer

Where is your air hose? Did you check the air valve?
  19. O

Who has an raised/open hood on the 130?

Excellent! Thanks this helps a lot. I really love how the upgraded lights make the inside of the tank look so colorful and bright.
  20. O

RSM 130D with 4 Aquarays - all done!

no no, i meant the LED conversion page. I wanted to see how he did it :/