different ways to host a clown fish.......

personaly i have never had any luck with this till today. earilier this week i got a rbta and today i found a percula clown that had a partilly missing stripe, so i got him, hes cool. got em home and wanted him to host to the rbta. right? not to much to ask. so i cut the bottom of a 2 liter bottle off, placed it over the rbta with the clown in there to, no later than 30 seconds pass and hes in there. just to make sure i left the bottle on the for about ten minutes. now hours have gone by and hes still in there....so sweeeeeet

just wanted to here anyones luck with clown fish and hosting or some different ways to increase your chances, maybe help out a noob or two

end result
DSC_0004-1.jpg

reefhusker

I have 2 Black and White clowns and just got an elegance coral a couple weeks ago. My hope in buying the elegance was that it would host the clown or clowns. I might have to try the 2 liter trick.

Can someone please explain to me the whole clown hosting thing? I would like to understand it more!

may be worth a try. good luck. ive had another clown that was also in the bottle but didnt take. so its still up to the fish completely. atleast this way they can find what you want them to

I have heard on several occasions (through posting) of people printing a clown hosting an anemone and taped it up to the tank and the clowns in the tank started doing it. lol

cindyp

my maroon clowns beat my rbta to death:(
they hosted it until it died my other clowns host my frogspawn.

pocketreef

I have read somewhere this is a cruel practice. The fish can be eaten by the anemone and if the mucus is not ready to that specific anemone it can hurt the fish. I don't know, prefer not to try.

Setragni

I have read somewhere this is a cruel practice. The fish can be eaten by the anemone and if the mucus is not ready to that specific anemone it can hurt the fish. I don't know, prefer not to try.

If the anemone is hurting the fish it will not get in there. believe me.