Search results

1. Val

I don't know what to do!! Help!

Is your seaweed rigid or soft. Caulerpa is very rigid almost reminds your of those fake plastic plants. Bryopsis is also featherlike but is softer and sways with the flow.
  2. Val

Reef Central Ban

I've always thought of RC as a library that hosts reef clubs, you go for. I joined because I was considering joining a reef club. I watched the club forum for a few months. I was never banned but I think I have a very low post count there also.
  3. Val

May 2011 POTM Contest!

Some amazing pics this month... going to be hard to choose just one guys! good luck
  4. Val

April 2011 POTM Voting Poll

Congrats Shagon!
  5. Val

Help please!!!!!

Great advice Lee, DaveK and sasquatch Welcome to RS ferni, as I read this I agree overstocking, poor nutrition are part of the problem. It's good you are looking for help. You can buy dried sheets of algae in most pet stores, just put it on a clip and with that many tangs I would keep it...
  6. Val

yuma ricordeas in current?

Mine popped off it's rock and moved into a crevice. It's happy but pretty much unseen in my tank at the moment. Not an expert but it may move if there is too much current.
  7. Val

mixing question

I hope you don't mind me asking, but what made you decide to dose?
  8. Val

mR CORAL

I've ordered from Mr Coral a couple times and wouldn't hesitate to order again. There are too many unknowns in this allegation to assign blame in my opinion.
  9. Val

How long should I drip acclimate a rose bubble tip?

Congrats on the nem and getting it safely into your tank. One of the fascinating things about this hobby is how differently it is approached by hobbyists. I'm kinda in the middle on how I acclimate but the time depends alot of the SG of the bag water. If it's close to my levels I'll get stuff...
  10. Val

FOR SALE! Overflow box, DIY protein skimmer & air pump

the post is from 2008 so it's probably gone.
  11. Val

Need help with new Reef tank

great post Chris! +1 to you
  12. Val

navigation issue?

I get the same thing when I hit my bookmark to come here. Started today I think.
  13. Val

OT Photography, Break Out Your Camera And Show Us What You Got!

Wow great pics guys! very professional looking.. Sorry Eric, but snakes creep me out. lol but the pics are great.
  14. Val

OT Photography, Break Out Your Camera And Show Us What You Got!

Here are a few shots of my horses. No horses were harmed.
  15. Val

Reefs are evil!

lol I was thinking something along those lines too.
  16. Val

Critique farmers market website please :D

Kinda sad that even farmer markets have to do that now.
  17. Val

Critique farmers market website please :D

Loved the color scheme and photos. Are they acceping new vendors if they are you may want to post info on that. Looks great!
  18. Val

other pets?

thanks! I should have mentioned that I really enjoyed seeing everyone's pets too.
  19. Val

SW Newbie

It seems like alot doesn't it? You should of seen my order for my 180g. I started out with less than recommended on my 75g thinking it was too much but got tired of scraping film algae and when I set up my 180g I ordered as recommended it does make a difference and I don't regret it. I only...
  20. Val

other pets?

I have few other pets other than fish and found a couple of pics. First is two of my GSD's Jorge and Tilly enjoying the pond. I also have Jack their pup but no pics uploaded of him yet, he a carbon copy of the dark one his father. Next is a pic of Sam a pom mix, my daughter's dog...