FOR SALE! Overflow box, DIY protein skimmer & air pump

rDr4g0n

ok guys, i recently downsized my 30 / 10 /10 down to just 2 10 gallon tanks. SOOOO im getting rid of a lot of my stuff!!! I am willing to trade all of these items for a Metal Halide ballast and bulb (you pay for shipping of course)! I will calculate shipping if you can gimme a zip code or something to go by.

DIY protein skimmer - $15 + shipping
This is homemade "counter current" skimmer. It is about 3.5 feet tall. It is not a pretty skimmer, but it works VERY well. I have documented the entire build and theory here http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/diy/16478-here-i-go-again-protein-skimmer-time.html I used this skimmer for a little over a year and it has worked very well, but with only a 20 gallon system this is way overkill. You will need to buy limewood airstones or make your own basswood airstones. It is very much a DIY thing, so you will need to know how to "tune" it and not mind fiddling with it. Does NOT include airpump!
skimmer-1.jpg

Whisper AP-150 Airpump - $15 + shipping
This airpump is designed to pump air into deep water. The obvious application is a very tall protein skimmer. I used this air pump on my protein skimmer with 2 storebought limewood airstones and it worked awesome. A regular airpump is not powerful enough to pump air at the bottom of a 3 foot column of water like this baby. Anyway, it was $40 brand new.

Overflow box - $25 + shipping
this is a 1200gph u-tube type overflow. It has a 1 inch bulkhead and works perfectly. the INSIDE box has a small crack in it. this is not important because the inside box is in the water and does not actually "hold" water. I used this overflow for about a year on my tank and it has worked flawlessly. includes u-tube. I paid $60 for it brand new from lfs. I can clean it up if you *really* want me to... :)
overflow2-1.jpg

overflow1-1.jpg

Last edited:

cstev1642

How bout I give the skimmer away for free if ya buy the air pump!?!
I would like to buy both. I check this post daily for a response. Does anyone know if it is still for sale??? I need one so i can upgrade my tank and i am a very diy kind of person!!! LOL

cstev1642

If anyone has one they would like to sale, let me know. I would be happy to buy one from a responsible owner that could give me some assurance that it does work. Thanks to everyone this forum is very helpful.