Reef Central Ban

Willie McDaries

any sponsor that stops sponsoring RC is automatically banned and their forum removed,it falls under the no commercial selling rule LOL

Willie McDaries

So very true on Reef Central! I've been banned there too, along with a lot of friends and members in my local club - for ridiculous reasons. They've gotten some of us for not following the "unwritten" rules. When I asked how the heck people are supposed to know what unwritten rules are, they had no good answer other than it's whatever the mod feels like. There have been so many people banned from RC that there's even a forum started by, and populated by, members banned from RC - it's not one I'd refer anyone to though. Their logo is a little boy urinating on the RC logo LOL!

would you PM me the link,I wanna see it LOL

Val

I've always thought of RC as a library that hosts reef clubs, you go for. I joined because I was considering joining a reef club. I watched the club forum for a few months. I was never banned but I think I have a very low post count there also.

KARussell88

I know about 6 people who have all been banned from RC, one was banned because he "wasn't taking expert advice". He literally got banned because he took the advice of someone else on the forum over one of the moderators.... needless to say I'll keep my posts here lol

Robzilla

I know about 6 people who have all been banned from RC, one was banned because he "wasn't taking expert advice". He literally got banned because he took the advice of someone else on the forum over one of the moderators.... needless to say I'll keep my posts here lol

I can ignore Terry here all day!:bouncer:

seafansar

Reef Sanctuary - A Sanctuary of reef forums ! This was Travis's thoughts when he started RS - http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/suggestion-box/42827-what-history-reef-sanctuary.html

Ps/fyi - no infractions here or temp bans... only permanent ones & you have to try real hard to get banned here (unless you are a spammer) ... all the mods & admins here have one goal in mind serving the RS community - the members here are what make RS great & the nicest reefing forum on the net.

Not totally true. I remember someone getting banned/suspended for a short while. He was a bad, bad boy!

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Sara - you are correct... if a mod or admin bans a member here (it will be set to permanent) ... but they can appeal to Travis & if Travis thinks they deserve a 2nd chance, they get one :dance:

but it's rare... ;) because the mods & admins (Woodstock) here on RS make good decision almost always...
1020.gif

nightfire76

i had 2 infractions put on me cause i made a thread on it stating that i will no longer attend meetings nor even comment on our local reef club cause all i ever got pretty much was harrasment from a few of the members one of which was the president him self for asking if i can buy some di resign from them at the upcomming meeting and not have to buy any from BRS and save me the shipping cost, and the fact that in that same thread i was called "a product of my homeland" im half cuban born and raised in new orleans and according to him all people from there have their hands out......and what do i get? no apology from him.....any of the members, not the president, nor even reef central, but i did get 2 infractions and they did nothing to the @zz that made that statement....so where do i lay now? no local club at all :( i need a big reef sanctuary hug here :hug1: