mR CORAL

seabass

Has anyone ordered from Mr Coral lately.I ordered some corals last year and the same day someone used my credit card to order cell phone crap and i dont even have a cell phone,now i just ordered some stuff again and just checked my bank account and now i see a 40$ and a 50$ charge for corals i didnt order.I'm wondering if someone from his shop is using my credit card.O ya the card i gave him was a new one so it wasnt the card that got charged the first time.Please check your statements if you have ordered from them.This is a problem.And also last time i gave him the wrong phone number and that same number showed up on my bank statement.I went to the police and they said it was a misdemeanor so they couldn't do anything about it.I did get my money back because the company that was on my bank statement called ups before it got delivered.

GlassMunky

this is the first i've heard anything like this with them. I've gotten stuff from them on multiple occasions, with my card, and never have had any issues........ they have always been great to deal with.......

seabass

I know i ordered alot of corals till my card got used the first time.But this was the first time i ordered from them sence.Well i'll let you know because i already e-mailed mr coral telling him to cancel what ever that is they ordered and i want to know where they were to be shipped too.

Smokey301

Never heard of this from mr coral. As for an employee doing it, i think its only a 3 or 4 man operation. def keep us posted tho

I had the same thing happen the first time I ordered from him. I have ordered from him since and it has been fine. When it happend I also called the police and they told me the same thing as they told you. I wonder if maybe his computer has been hacked into?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I know it seems like Mr Coral is the common denominator but you will want to take some local security precautions TODAY!

• A) Go to another computer at a different location (not in your same house on your same network) and change your bank and other important credit card passwords. Do this NOW!
  • B) Alert you bank to this so they can monitor your account for fraudulent activity.
  • C) Scan your computer and all "local" computers for Virus/Spyware. )PM me if you have questions about what to use or how to use it.)
  • D) Get an up to date Credit Report from all 3 agencies and look over it carefully. There's usually more "activity" associated to these issues than is apparent at first.
Good luck with this. Stay on top of it because often times there is a "Rebound" or secondary round of purchases at least attempted.

DesertOrchid

Wow.....glad I didn't order from them last week like I had started out to. Picked out all the corals, went to pay through paypal and then the whole order just went away. I did get a call from them the next day saying the corals had been taken off the website and was pending payment. Too many errors and so I canceled the order till another time. Glad I did after all this. Keep up posted on your outcome please. They have a lot of nice frags.

When It happened to me around a year ago. I went to the bank and cancelled my card and got a new one.
But like I said, I have ordered from him one time since and it was ok.

Val

I've ordered from Mr Coral a couple times and wouldn't hesitate to order again. There are too many unknowns in this allegation to assign blame in my opinion.

soco

I', really sorry to hear that seabass I have order from ther in the past with no problems. My girlfriend also just bought me stuff from there this past week for my birthday and nothing happened in her account. I would venture to say either the stores web site got hack or your acct got hacked somehow. Either way i would take bigal's advice and change all my info as soon as possible

Thoric

I', really sorry to hear that seabass I have order from ther in the past with no problems. My girlfriend also just bought me stuff from there this past week for my birthday and nothing happened in her account. I would venture to say either the stores web site got hack or your acct got hacked somehow. Either way i would take bigal's advice and change all my info as soon as possible

Ditto this.

lcstorc

I too have ordered without a problem so I lean toward Al's answer but you never know. I would think paying through paypal would add a layer of protection if it is an employee since they don't get your credit card number. Just a suggestion.

seabass

It's ok they had 2 people try to run my card through.I guess the second person didn't know the first person charged me and i dont keep alot of money in that account,so it got declined when the second person tried to run the 130 through,so he started to run it through 40 then 50 until he didnt get nomore.Which with only a couple people they should take better care of that,but I am getting my money back.

PSU4ME

JoePa lives on!!!
Staff member
PREMIUM
So i'll add my two cents to this....adding to the mystery. I ordered from another RS sponsor (will remain unnamed) but it wasn't Mr. Coral........and the next day my CC was hacked and this was within the last 3 months. Not sure if this is a particular vendor problem of something bigger!!!!

We shoud start a conspiracy theory thread!

Thoric

Agreed use paypal for payment if you are having credit card issues there is no way they can take your cc# if you use paypal.

KARussell88

I personally have never had any problems with Mr.Coral and think its a great place. I know everyone that works there and they are all stand up guys. I would never hesitate to buy corals from them. I'm sure its something else that went wrong. Do everything Big Al said and things will probably be worked out.