Search results

1. TwiceIrish

RR's RSM S650

Hello Rusty Reefer. Really enjoying your tank thread thus far. Can you tell us more about your rock or did I miss that somewhere. Trying to use experience of others when I start back up. Love how yours looks!
  2. TwiceIrish

38 Gallon Innovative Marine Nano Reef Project.

I just read through your build today as I've become interested in the Nuvo tanks. What a lovely reef you have created! Your attention to detail in explanations and photos is much appreciated. I sincerely hope you continue to update this thread as your adventure progresses.
  3. TwiceIrish

Dave's RSM 500

Absolutely lovely. I have been most inspired by your husbandry skills and it certainly shows in this sparkling clean world you've created. Such a joy to watch. Wish you had live cam video service. I'd tune in daily.
  4. TwiceIrish

New Pair of Clown Fish Additions

I know this is obvious, but I've had a hard time with QT and maintaining water parameters. Last time I did this, I had to do so many water changes on QT due to no live rock and small size that it was really overwhelming while working full time plus. Ammonia rises so quickly . . . . Hope you...
  5. TwiceIrish

sarlet leg hermit rumor

Unfortunately, 2 years ago when I started, I was told the blue hermits were less aggressive! Looks as though the rumor may be true the all hermits like fresh snail for supper and a new car/house into the bargain!
  6. TwiceIrish

Tunze 9002 recently installed is not skimming

My memory from 2 years ago is that it took about 2 weeks for the foam in the cup to turn green - it was clear at first but that was also with a new tank set up. I'm not sure with your 5 month old tank that the foam should be so clean . . . . Someone with more experience will have to weigh in...
  7. TwiceIrish

Brown Algae Bloom Again After 56 Days Since Tank Originally Cycled

Good on you! Needed this today with the rebirth of my RSM 130D. Diatoms dirtying my sand and even the once gorgeous "dry" Pukani looking dusky. I'd forgotten the continuous little cycles if you will. Thanks for the reminder.
  8. TwiceIrish

Why ReefSanctuary?

So many clever lines to quote in this thread! Evidence enough of what keeps me coming back. Friendly, humorous, generous, people from around the world. Long live Reef Sanctuary.
  9. TwiceIrish

130D light bulbs question for revival of my reef

Thank you guys. This really gives me a lot to choose from. I know RS would come through.
  10. TwiceIrish

130D light bulbs question for revival of my reef

I've tried searching the forum but I guess I'm not good at doing so. My question is what other bulbs besides RSM will fit in the RSM 130D? I remember some discussions 1 1/2 to 2 years ago about different bulbs and then some advice on "color". I just want a quick change to something more "blue"...
  11. TwiceIrish

Bulk Reef Supply Customer Service

Ordered dry Pukani 50 lbs from BRS. Also asked personally for some shelf rock and got a recommendation to get at least 5 lbs. It arrived very quickly, was packed unbelievably well - almost no little breakage to create rubble. I'm sure they sent more than 50lbs and wonderful variety - it's been...
  12. TwiceIrish

Glenn's If interested thread...

Glenn thank you for being so dedicated to your own education that we all reap the benefits. This link is a lovely piece of work.
  13. TwiceIrish

Salt Water tanks + living room = issues?

Hahaha! Oh! I do hope this is intended to be funny! OOoops! Read the rest of the thread later. Hope its sorted.
  14. TwiceIrish

Live Rock Talk!!

This is not the voice of experience as I am just doing my second reef, but I have chosen "dead" dry rock from Bulk Reef Supply (They sent lovely rocks) for the rebirth of my little Red Sea Max 130D. First time around, loved the little starfish and tube worms that grew but hated the huge bristle...
  15. TwiceIrish

"Do I Really Need A Refractometer" or "My Hydrometer Is Good Enough"

When I started out about 2 years ago, I used hydrometer for a few weeks. Was having trouble with hydrometer arm "sticking". At their suggestion, took water sample to my reef store. Way different reading from my hydrometer. Purchased refractometer and this was my single best purchase. Love...
  16. TwiceIrish

Live Rock

Just received my dry Pukani and some shelf rock from Bulk Reef Supply. Packing was fantastic and very little rubble in packing materials. Arrived exactly on time as promised. Friendly personal emails in answer to my special request. These folks are highly recommended. Cheers
  17. TwiceIrish

Not ready to start new thread but help wanted with reef scape and putty or other idea

Re: Not ready to start new thread but help wanted with reef scape and putty or other Thanks Glenn. Tried it just free hand and it's a mess. Looks awful. I'm thinking the problem might just be too many choices. I have my 4 medium size pieces of live rock which has been dry for a week and in...
  18. TwiceIrish

Not ready to start new thread but help wanted with reef scape and putty or other idea

For those that don't know me, I have a Red Sea Max 130D that I'm starting to reanimate after about a year away. I had a wonderful first part of cycle with beautiful live rock and new sand, etc. Then I came downstairs one late night to see a giant bristle worm and that did it! Not going to...
  19. TwiceIrish

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Setragni, I like this! Nice change from the usual. Gives pause to think about my own use of space. The 130/130D doesn't give many options for use of space and your is creative. Happy corals there, too!
  20. TwiceIrish

Developing LED kits for RSM Tanks

Please don't stop with developing after the 250. The 130D has been really popular and I for one will save my pennies for when you have a mod for us! Hurry Hurry! Or I may have to take off my hood and hang something above the tank!