New Pair of Clown Fish Additions

dmatt88

Has been struck by the ban stick
White spots. Torn fins. Film over eyes. Bulging eyes. Just look close at them all over n compare day after day. U will know if something is odd.

........Myreeftoyours is calling me. again.

eric w

They have been in my QT for about 9 hours now....they look like they are breathing heavy...and acting different than earlier...likley over thinking this but if anyone see something let me know..thanks

[video]http://s1074.photobucket.com/albums/w402/Kaitlyn1-/?action=view&current=IMG_1103.mp4[/video]

dmatt88

They just look a little spooked. Good activity tho. Kill the lights let em sleep n continue in the morning.

........Myreeftoyours is calling me. again.

TwiceIrish

I know this is obvious, but I've had a hard time with QT and maintaining water parameters. Last time I did this, I had to do so many water changes on QT due to no live rock and small size that it was really overwhelming while working full time plus. Ammonia rises so quickly . . . . Hope you got them sorted or perhaps they just need that rest Matt has described.

eric w

Well my two clowns have been in my QT for a couple weeks now...and will be in in there for a couple more...I'm looking ahead to my next fish and was looking between some type of a dwarf angelfish or some type of butterfly fish...I have eebn looking on liveaquria and looking at fish that meet my tank requirements and such...anyhow any thoughts between the two??

lbiminiblue

Well my two clowns have been in my QT for a couple weeks now...and will be in in there for a couple more...I'm looking ahead to my next fish and was looking between some type of a dwarf angelfish or some type of butterfly fish...I have eebn looking on liveaquria and looking at fish that meet my tank requirements and such...anyhow any thoughts between the two??
I know butterfly fish tend to pick at corals, same goes for dwarf angels- It doesn't happen often, but an angel will sometimes pick at a coral or clam...i kept a coral beaty for a while- awesome fish...honestly i wouldn't be too worried about dwarves but i think you should stay away from butterfly fish...have you checked out firefish?

dmatt88

Eric, what do u want ur tank to look like in a few years? Corals, what kind or FO? Angels r nippers.

........what, me worry?

eric w

Well I want corals and have put two in so far.. I put a hairy mushroom and a duncan coral.. So I don't want fish picking at thins so I guess I will keep looking.. Thanks

dmatt88

If ya go to liveaquaria u can type in ur search criteria for reef safe n tank sizes. Helped me all the time.

........what, me worry?

eric w

Another question for everyone....In about a week my pair of clowns will go to their new home....I bought the 2 from divers den and have/will be in my qt for 4 weeks....I gave them a freshwater bath, formailn, and prazipro.....as well as what treatment divers den gave them...they appear fine and are great eaters..anyhow once they go into the DT should I...do I....totally breakdown/cleanout the QT or since they seem to be fine do some minor cleaning and such and get my next fish...they never appeared to be sick once but how do you know since you are giving them treatmnet like formalin and such...anyhow thanks

sk8rdn

Leebca has a sticky in the fish diseases section on this. Something like "clean up procedures" or similar...

....Salt Changes Everything....

sk8rdn

If memory serves (as I'm not near a computer to search for the thread) if all was good with the fish, then a light bath with vinegar and then a few rinses with RO water should be good. And BTW, you don't have to completely fill the tank. Just 1/4 to 1/2 and wash the upper walls and rims with a rag.

This is only for non-copper treated tanks though. That would require more scrubbing.

....Salt Changes Everything....

eric w

Thanks...well i looked at Lees sticky and still have a question....my clowns appear to be healthy and will go into my DT in a week.....the only thing I used in the QT was prazipro....since i will be using prazipro on all my fish do I need to handle this as the tank being used with medication or approach it as a healthy fish procedure....it makes sense to me that I can handle it under the healthy fish procedure and just do a big water change and keep the QT up and going.....any thoughts would be appreciated....