130D light bulbs question for revival of my reef

TwiceIrish

I've tried searching the forum but I guess I'm not good at doing so. My question is what other bulbs besides RSM will fit in the RSM 130D? I remember some discussions 1 1/2 to 2 years ago about different bulbs and then some advice on "color". I just want a quick change to something more "blue" while waiting to see if my family will buy me the "in Hood" LED mod, like Al has, for my birthday! Tank is cycled x2 (changed my rock again to dry and am happy now - thanks BRS!) and has super CUC from Reefcleaners.( Love that place too!)

w00t

UVL/URI bulbs are great. I run 1 50/50 and 1 super actinic and really like the look. They are brighter than the stock bulbs and you have better colour options.

ausreef

any straight pin pc will fit,the standard 55w or i think ati make a 65w that some people on nano reef are running (theres a long thread on there) also the general consensus (although it hasnt caught on here yet) is to run an actinic/actinic in the rear and a 10k/10k in the front,the colour appears to be better than the splits

catran

Glenn, your link takes me to a post about the "flipper"...Weird. Is it just me?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
Cat that so weird... (this is the 2nd time you have told me similar) the link should go to post #1328 of my 130D thread...

Here the pasted link.... (h) removed ttp://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/red-sea-max-owners-club/44439-glenns-rsm-130d-89.html#post850846[/url]

What happen when you paste this into a browser? Trying to see if I need to notify Travis...

Should say this...

Re: Glenn's new RSM 130D
Leigh - I am going to try these bulbs from ReefGeeks

Qty Item # Description Manufacturer Color Our Price Line Total
1 UVL1011 65W 75-25 14000K Aquablue Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36
1 UVL1035 65W 2-in-1 (Super Actinic/75-25) Powercompact (Straight Pin) UV Lighting $23.36 $23.36
Subtotal: $46.72
Sales Tax: $0.00
Ground Shipping: $7.95
TOTAL $54.67

ReefGeek > Lighting > Power Compact Fluorescent > Bulbs

Lurkerz is running them...this thread... is where Lurkerz talks about them...
Maintenance help: I plan to upgrade to Tunze 9002, anything else I should upgrade

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Cat it must be something with Tap-a-talk because it takes me to the link where Glenn priced his light bulbs from the supplier.

catran

I kinda figured. I've never had problems with Tapatalk until recently. Gonna pm you...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

rhogeo

I bought about 5 different UVL bulbs last year and I have to say I didn't like the look, a little too purple to me. I think the stock Red Sea bulbs are the best all around bulb for my taste. Just my $.02 worth.