Search results

1. Lewis N Sophie

My LED lighting seems very "Dim" in comparison to MHa's

Hi Al, thanks for the reply. I bought a commercial unit mainly due to not having an electronically minded bone in my body :) I think I have two further requirements. One to add some visible light during the day (any links to the fixtures you refer to?). The second is to add some actinic/blue...
  2. Lewis N Sophie

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed response. I did research quite a lot about how much lighting to replace my MH's with based on the size of my tank and the corals I do keep and would keep in the future. My question is around visible light and brightness rather than...
  3. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

That's awesome guys, thanks for the quick ID. I have to be honest, it had me completely stumped, I was reading biology journals on line and all-sorts to try and find it. Should've known to just ask Mack! Thanks again!
  4. Lewis N Sophie

As you can see, the soft corals on the left and right have a focused white point of light and the rest is dim. Since installing, there seems to be a green and red cyano outbreak which I've not suffered from in some time, I'm assuming these are low-light loving algaes? Thanks again Lewis
  5. Lewis N Sophie

Hi, I've just replaced my arcadia 2*250w metal halides + 2 T5's with: 4 TMC Aquaray 1000HD (2* Reef white, 2*Marine white) and 2 * Reef white Aquaray 600 strips. Not impressed so far is probably an understatement. My metal halides gave a broad spread of yellow to white light with the T5's...
  6. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

Really weird huh? No idea what it eats although I was going to give him some cyclops or artemia and some nori to see which it has a go at first. Pretty fast though and disappears for days before coming back. Seems diurnal but who really knows. I've only seen the video so far, if I see it in the...
  7. Lewis N Sophie

Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

A friend of mine has a fluval edge nano tank which pretty much has a fish and some liverock with a couple of small corals. Nothing new has been added since I gave him some xenia months ago. He now has this: YouTube - ‪What the hell is this??‬‏ Not something I've ever seen before. Any...
  8. Lewis N Sophie

Poisinous mystery zoa?

Striped sand anemone? Striped sand anemones on the Shores of Singapore
  9. Lewis N Sophie

A slow beginning

You know my mrs too?:ignore:
  10. Lewis N Sophie

Stupid Mistake - Question?

It'll clear or settle. Equally, it's early in the tank life - just do a few water changes (or two big ones). I wouldn't overly worry at all. :welcomera
  11. Lewis N Sophie

Next fish

Haven't you only just got a Betta a couple of days ago? I'd be waiting a while and then seriously considering whther you can cater for the animals you're contemplating.. Just my 2p/cents (woo internationally compliant)
  12. Lewis N Sophie

Nem in a 250

I have one, depends why you want it I guess?!
  13. Lewis N Sophie

Friend or Foe?

On the top of the rock it looks like....aiptasia - Google Search
  14. Lewis N Sophie

2 500 gallon tanks, 1 reef, 1 fowlr

April fools day is only until midday, after which - the person who has played the prank is "the fool". I'm going by the board times ;) My understanding is that the US doesn't play by the proper rules and the jokes last all day (?), pah! :)
  15. Lewis N Sophie

Pomacentrus alleni (neon damsel) spawned!

might be a little late.. this thread is from last year
  16. Lewis N Sophie

Drilling A Glass Vase :)

I'd sure like to see it done Eric, give it a go...you know you want to.. ;)
  17. Lewis N Sophie

IT literate? Fancy becoming involved in a free project?

That's great, thanks. PM sent.
  18. Lewis N Sophie

IT literate? Fancy becoming involved in a free project?

As some already know, I run an ISP based in the UK. I've been looking to provide a free hosting-related service to RS/RC and some other aquarium related sites. I'd like to get a bunch of people together to test it. It'd require only as much time as you'd be willing to spend, an email...
  19. Lewis N Sophie

DIY Sump design opinion

Sorry Eric, I should add a sig. I have an RSM 250 and so will be leaving the stock skimmer in the back rather than locating one in the sump I'm trying to design. My mistake for not clarifying that.
  20. Lewis N Sophie

Help!

I'll dig out a voltmeter tonight and see what I can see if I remember. It's definately leccified though! I hope you get it sorted sharpish Anthony. You could try contacting RSM - especially as more than one of us have a potentially dodgy hood.