Friend or Foe?

Cellajean

My 29g has been up for a little over four months now and I am finding things growing that were not there before. I know sometimes this is good because of water conditions improving but also sometimes because well they are just bad. Please let me know if the white things towards the bottom of the rock are sponges? They are very small and have an opening at the head of it. I have about 10 of these in various places. Also if you can see the green on the rock if this is coraline algae? It is smooth on rock not lifted and not slimy. Thanks in advance
Oh yeah and by the way I know I have apstasia and are in process of killing thanks.

100_2325.jpg

zigginit

i say they are sponges i have one too. they are good and wont hurt any thing. the green rock i think is a form of corline algae. i have some rocks that did that. i think it looks kinda cool in the long run. i see your bumble bee snail chilling in the back. i want one.

Cellajean

yeah bumble bee is the only one I got. he keeps to himself and never bothers anyone else. Thanks for the help, I thought they were sponges but wanted to see what everyone else thought. I also like the green it is pretty compared to all the normal purple coraline. I hope that is what it is.

Cellajean

oh yeah I know it is I have four of them, working on it this weekend. I said in my post I knew there were there, but thanks anyway for the help.

Cellajean

yes they do but I do not think they are that hairy looking around the body but yes for the most part that is what they look like. Will they hurt anything? because I have a rock that has probably 15-20 of them on it. A pretty good size rock mind you.

Cellajean

oh yeah took care of that this weekend with my water change. I had about five of them and the only one I see today is one. So not bad. Will try to get the other one next water change. I have a Skunk cleaner shrimp and didnt know if I could put a peppermint in with him, he is pretty big. So I am just using lemon juice and it has worked so far. Thanks though