Help!

tnwillia

Anthony so sorry! you probably have this but here is the "How To" for everything in the hood. +1 on possible loosing a ballast then second ones went to short in the holders from the first blow. Good luck!

Red Sea MAX | Downloads

Max250

I'd freak if it happened to me. We've gone through enough hassle with this tank. I'd get Red Sea to send me a new hood. I'd tell them where to stick their ballast and see them in court before I open up the hood and replace their dodgy electrical parts.

nanoreefing4fun

RS STAFF
+1 seen as its still in warranty, you should be able to get a replacement from RS.

Hope you get it all sorted mate - now I am sending up extra prayers !!!

tnwillia

Ahhh the seam, I'd forgotten avbout that. Was it wet inside Anthony? Go for a complete hood replacement if they will do it. Good luck!

Nowellsy SNR

Tom from what i could see there wasnt much water when i took the lens off maybe a few wet patches but probly doesnt take much

Max250 nope not sealed anything thought it would be water proof lol thats the all point, Steve asked me for the serial hood number where i bought the tank from and my address so im hoping for a new ballast, also had a go at the company who sent my lights feel guilty now knowing it could be Red Sea's doing but im hoping for replacment bulbs from them

Keep my fingers crossed

Couldnt have happend at a worse time for me Arghhhhh im not going to be home that much in the coming weeks just another thing to worry about

lethal

Has been struck by the ban stick
That sucks Anthony. I'm with the others on this one, make sure you get a new hood under warranty if possible.

Nowellsy SNR

Well sounds as tho it was'nt the ATI's at fault from what Fastlight have told me

I will know more later when the electrician comes round

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
If there were a few wet patches inside the lens that is not good. Saltwater can be pretty corrosive.

Might be a different problem.....I noticed last night that when I run my forearm over the hood, I could feel the electricity (to the point of it being uncomfortable). I wonder if it could be a wider problem.

Do let me know how you get on and if we can do anything to help.

Nowellsy SNR

The the electrician is now coming tomorrow when im at the hospital Pamelas mum is looking over things im a little worried lol

I might take the hood of tonight open it up and see if i can see any salt creep in there not going to touch anything i'll leave that to the electrician

Max250

I'm glad you mentioned that Lewis N Sophie. I have the same issue - with my forearm rubbing over the hood. At first I was hoping it was a bit vibration but you know that mild electricity tingle.

Good luck Anthony. All the best mate.

Nowellsy SNR

Cheers Max

Its really putting a downer on things im now thinking new lighting system i'll see how i get on for the time being from looking at the diagram the ballast is so close to the seem!!

When ever i've been messing with the skimmer i've never felt any electricity

Cheers Max

Its really putting a downer on things im now thinking new lighting system i'll see how i get on for the time being from looking at the diagram the ballast is so close to the seem!!

When ever i've been messing with the skimmer i've never felt any electricity

I'll dig out a voltmeter tonight and see what I can see if I remember. It's definately leccified though!

I hope you get it sorted sharpish Anthony. You could try contacting RSM - especially as more than one of us have a potentially dodgy hood.

Nowellsy SNR

Thanks Lewis Contacted them got back to me they wanted serial number and the retailer i got the tank from so hopefully they will send me a new ballast out if thats what blown

Nowellsy SNR

Well the electrician came round today while i was out

And it wasnt the ballast it was this

Burntcable.jpg

Im very annoyed i've Emailed Red Sea the least they can do is send me 2 new T5's out

Reefmack

NaClH2O Addicted
PREMIUM
Did the wires short out against the metal? I'm not sure what the picture shows, other than what looks to be burned wires.