Drilling A Glass Vase :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I was board the other night and got to thinking about the reef vases, I know they are supposed to be stand alone setups but I had something different in mind.

The idea of the reef bowl is cool but my take on the idea is having several small vases plumbed into a system, these would be specifically for small inverts such as sexy shrimp.

I am probably not going to do this I just wanted to see the possibilities of drilling a vase for a drain and a return.

Here's the pictures, if I were to do it I would make the return 1/4" flex hose, I wouldn't use the bulkhead or uniseal. I just wanted to see if I could drill curved thin glass.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDktMjAxMDAzMjgtMDIyN.jpg

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDgtMjAxMDAzMjgtMDIyN.jpg

The hole looks off center but it's not the vase is not symmetrical.

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDYtMjAxMDAzMjgtMDIyN.jpg

Anyway there you have it :) if I were to do something like this I would use large vases 2-4 gallons. Anyway not a plan just something different.

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
One more try

utf-8BSU1HMDAyMDYtMjAxMDAzMjgtMDIyN.jpg

If it doesn't work, I don't know what to do but you get the idea from the other pics :)

I put this vase back in the cupboard so you can't see the holes, I plan to get my wife some flowers soon and she'll go for that one cause it's in front, should be a little funny to see her reaction to the new and improved vase. Lol

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
LOL! That's too funny!! Hope they are really GOOD flowers and over-come the "joke" aspect :) If not you'll be "sleeping in the tank" that night :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
Lol she probably won't notice till she goes to add water. Lol she might get a little pi__ed ;)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
It's already setup, I am getting flowers tomorrow, I'm calling it an earily easter present :)

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
This was last year, the joke was on me turned out it wasn't her vase but my grandmothers :( lol :D