Eel/Fish hitchhiker?

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Woa! No idea LOL! Looks like a Huge, High Speed, super Flat Worm (which it's not.. I don't think) but man it's cool looking. What does it eat?

JoeG

Woa! indeed. No clue here either... looks like some mutant over sized tadpole. Ill be checking back to see if this can be ID'd

Really weird huh? No idea what it eats although I was going to give him some cyclops or artemia and some nori to see which it has a go at first.
Pretty fast though and disappears for days before coming back. Seems diurnal but who really knows. I've only seen the video so far, if I see it in the flesh I'll try to catalogue it better.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Can you go over there soon? Like NOW? I Wanna know what it is.. and does it taste like chicken :)

It does look like a Tadpole on crack or something LOL

Funlad3

Has been struck by the ban stick
It almost looks like a marine flatworm that we saw a movie about in science class. That thing's fast though. Awesome!

Boomer

Reef Sanctuary's Mr. Wizard
It swims like and looks like a Epitoke, which is a reproductive phase in polychaete marine worms, where the worm undergoes a transformation ( like metamorphism in insects) to an Epitoke.

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
Man that's some amazingly fast movements off of those cilia. Impressive!!

Way to go on the ID and the additional link :)

QuentinB

Holy crap... I kinda want an army of them little guys! I'll wreak havoc on public pools and beaches EVERYWHERE!!!

That's awesome guys, thanks for the quick ID. I have to be honest, it had me completely stumped, I was reading biology journals on line and all-sorts to try and find it. Should've known to just ask Mack!

Thanks again!