Search results

1. J

Interested in Creating a Seahorse tank!

Hello everyone. About a year ago I sadly got rid of my 300g Reef tank. Well, I finally got some space and have a 27g cube. I was looking at setting this up for sea horses. I have 0 experience with seahorses, and don't remember much about them so here are my questions: 1. I have a canister...
  2. J

Good way to keep heat down, other than chiller?

Yea, havn't been to the store, but basically the other day I took the heater completely out, and it only dropped the temp to 81. So fans will be picked up tomorrow...
  3. J

Good T5 Lighting for tank?

Hello, I was wondering what is a good type of lighting for my tank? I have Aquarium Lighting T5 Fluorescent Light Fixture: AquaticLife T5 HO and Lunar Light Fixtures At the moment. Are the lights I have good enough to grow SPS corals? That's what I'm looking to grow.
  4. J

Yes, the pumps are external.. Thanks though! Ok, I guess I'll check out home depot today..Hopefully that will work.
  5. J

Thank you very much. Any idea where I can get some/ how much they cost?
  6. J

A different sort of MH light arrangement

I was thinking of doing this also... My reasoning was a little different, just because my tank is getting so hot from the lights now, and the left side is taken up by softies anyways. Good Idea
  7. J

I'm just looking for a way to keep the heat down in my tank. The room is even heated from the tank.. The tank used to stay at the 78 degree mark, but it has now slowly gone up. Will some clip on fans by each Metal Halide (theres 3) work? I'm just looking for it to go down maybe 3-4 degrees.
  8. J

Bleaching Problem :(...uh oh.

Ok, yes everything came back "in the clear". I realize it is kinda of heavily stocked for a relatively newer tank, but these were all my old corals from a smaller tank I had set up, but I had to get rid of it, and wanted to try and keep the corals. The lights weren't a sudden change. In the...
  9. J

What are "Today's" full water tests? Buying a new test kit tonight..will post results then. What has changed in the last... 6 weeks? Nothing that I know of. Havn't added anything in about 2 months. How much water do you change and how often? 25% water change every 2 weeks What do you dose...
  10. J

I have 3 acans with 30+ heads on each, hammer corals, and some SPS corals, that have just started bleaching. One of the SPS has already completely died. I have no idea what the problem is? I have 3 x 250 watt MH, and I tried turning the middle MH off because I thought it might be emitting to...
  11. J

JonnyF's 265 Gallon Reef tank!

Thank you very much, and will do!
  12. J

The rocks are just piled on top of each other but, I made sure there were no loose rocks. I tested them all by hand trying to slide them and see how sturdy they were, alot weren't so I had to redo it. Thank you both :)
  13. J

Ok, sorry on the LONG delay on the pictures. We were at the hospital until Friday night, and then Saturday and Sunday I was taking care of her. (All is going GREAT btw :)) Here is the SUMP: And here is the tank shots: Gotta love freebies :) (Coral already attached to the rock, and...
  14. J

The 200+ Club

I guess I can join this thread now.. I got my 265 Gallon Tank with a 20g sump installed about a week and a half ago. It's got 350lbs of LR and hopefully soon some fishes and coral. Even though some of the rock has coral growing on it already :). I'll add some pictures tonight. FTS (remember...
  15. J

Im A Noob Plz Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dang should of gone with that when I was setting up my 2 mini reefs (one 20 gallon and one 29 gallon).. Wish I had seen that and spent the money now.
  16. J

Anemone got sucked into power head please help

I personally have my Powerheads protected, you might want to look into doing that. The anenome might be ok might not, I don't have much experience with them, but I have had friends that had this happen, and their anemone(s) full recovered. Hope this helps until someone more experience...
  17. J

Ok, so the tank should be at my house in 3 hours! My girlfriend is here, today actually happens to be her due date..so I live close to the hospitals! What a great day! So I will update with pictures when I can..should be tonight if not this weekend for sure. I think I can snag atleast one...
  18. J

Pet Solutions Livestock

I have ordered live things from them. All the items arrived on time, and alive. I don't remembe the whole order but it was for sure a Horseshoe Crab, and a couple shrimp.
  19. J

What to get ? (CC advice)

Hello, as some of you might know my 265 Gallon fish tank is getting set up at my house tomorrow! (YAY) Anyways, I've been trying to anticipate all the coral and fish I'm getting. I'm planning on a bunch of coral and fishes, so what kind of clean up crew will I be needing? Like I'm looking for...
  20. J

So just an update tank will be installed next week, at the beginning of the week. Sorry it's taken so long, had acrylic installed on the bottom of the stand to prevent drippage incase of leaking.