Good T5 Lighting for tank?

Schwa

I have an icecap 660 with tek II parabolic reflectors and have not trouble with SPS in a 22 inch deep tank I am sure the Aquatic life fixture will work but just keep an eye on them if they look bad move them into the top part of the tank. I dont know if the Aquatic life fixtures Overdrive or not but you could probably retrofit an icecap into it. I am a sworn icecap user they are the best ballasts on the market IMO but I have heard really good things about the ATI powermodule fixtures supposedly the 10 bulb fixture puts out more par than a 400 watt halide this coming from a reputed SPS guru and he has switched from using strictly Halide bulbs to strictly T5's in an ATI powermodule if you saw his tank you would know why. I have recently added a 250 watt icecap eballast with a phoenix 14k lamp primarily for that extra blast but my sps were growing pretty good before that

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I'm going to side with Schwa on this one. Give it a go and you should be good. You may not get phenomenal growth but you should be able to do well with that fixture especially if you upgrade the bulbs when the time comes (I'd say 6/+ months)

Schwa

+1 on the bulb change . I am currently running Geissemans but will be going with ATI bulbs when I switch them out in a couple months and possibly a KZ Fiji purple as well so 2 Actinic an Aquablue plus and a purple plus the 250w phoenix. somebody please chime in if this is crazy or something. My T5 color knowledge is kind of limited to Geissemans but I keep hearing nothing but good about ATI's. The Geissemans were real bright at first but now they have about an inch of black on each end of every bulb I have for the price of them they should at least light the whole length or at least more than the Geisse's.