Im A Noob Plz Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

reefnewbie5

Hey guys Im planning on setting up a standard 29 gallon aquarium(30x12x18)
I decided on using t5 lighting and I want to know if i can use 2 of these Current USA Nova Extreme T5 X2 Aquarium Lighting Fixture, 2X24 Watt, 30 inch, for a total of 96 watts instead of spending 100$ more for this Current USA Nova SunDial T5 Aquarium Lighting Fixture. They both have the same number of bulbs, individual reflectors, but the expensive one just has a timer and 2 led lights extra. Do you think the 2(2x24) watt bulbs would suffice for keeping most soft/sps coral or should I go for the more expensive one?
thanks any insight would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric

Google Warrior
PREMIUM
I think you are good with the two lights you planned to by, you can buy timers and the two extra leds.

My .02

nos2074

I agree with Eric....And you can use the Coralife dual timer to run everything, it is what I use to control my lights

BigAl07

Administrator
RS STAFF
I think you'd be a LOT better suited by spending just a tad more and going with a 6 bulb fixture

Catalina Aquarium - 30 inch BLACK SOLAR T5 HO - 6 X 24W

Also the Current ones have the "Contoured" reflectors which are a long way from high quality IDR's. I think the Current ones (or they used to be) one piece of material merely bent in and out to resemble "Real" reflectors.

JonnyF

I think you'd be a LOT better suited by spending just a tad more and going with a 6 bulb fixture

Catalina Aquarium - 30 inch BLACK SOLAR T5 HO - 6 X 24W

Also the Current ones have the "Contoured" reflectors which are a long way from high quality IDR's. I think the Current ones (or they used to be) one piece of material merely bent in and out to resemble "Real" reflectors.

Dang should of gone with that when I was setting up my 2 mini reefs (one 20 gallon and one 29 gallon)..

Wish I had seen that and spent the money now.